No announcement yet.

Men's health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get on Testosterone, watch you diet, fast regularly and do some type of exercise you enjoy.

Comment

“If you are young, 40 and under, start realizing what you do in your younger years will greatly affect your body after 60 if not earlier!”[/QUOTE]

Allot of truth in this statement for sure.

Comment

Is it normal to get both a heart Ultrasound and CT scan done within a week of each other? It seems like one would cancel the other out.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
          Is it normal to get both a heart Ultrasound and CT scan done within a week of each other? It seems like one would cancel the other out.
          No problem at all. Two totally different things. In a nutshell, ultrasound will give an idea of how well your heart is pumping and identify any valve issues. CT takes detailed 3D pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by eastover53 View Post
            No problem at all. Two totally different things. In a nutshell, ultrasound will give an idea of how well your heart is pumping and identify any valve issues. CT takes detailed 3D pictures.
            10-4, thanks for the reply!

Comment

Definitely add in checking your testosterone levels as part of your physical.

Also get a CT Heartscan. Good piece of mind for $100.

Comment

I will be 46 this month. Every year I get a physical and they do all the blood work. I have my colonoscopy scheduled for July. I'm pretty healthy, although my cholesterol is a touch high and they are watching it. No medication other than a viatamin and a probiotic Colonoscopy is is just a regular check. I do have diverticulosis so they are checking on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                  https://www.lifelinescreening.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do not skip over this recommendation fellas. My uncle had it done and said they do a full body scan to check for blockage to prevent strokes and heart attacks. I would recommend anyone over 30.
                  This was me at a semi healthy 37 years old…99% blockage in the widow maker… #BarbacoaTacosMatter! [emoji28]

Comment

I got a little sidetracked and finally got around to getting my blood work done. Checked with the doc yesterday and everything was pretty good other than cholesterol was a little higher than he wants it and my iron was high. Got a colonoscopy scheduled for July. Time to change the diet to see if I can get the cholesterol down without meds.

Comment

i just finished a 40hr fast at 1pm to kick start keto. it wasnt bad really, i could have made it 48 or maybe even until tomorrow morning but we had some leftover meatballs in the fridge that sounded way too good for the fast breaker lol. i added a little guacamole and pork rinds too.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                        ...Step 3:
                        Drink fluids accordingly to your blood type....
                        What kind of vodka do you recommend for Type O+? Fresh or frozen-from-concentrate grapefruit juice?

Comment

Men's health

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
                          I got a little sidetracked and finally got around to getting my blood work done. Checked with the doc yesterday and everything was pretty good other than cholesterol was a little higher than he wants it and my iron was high. Got a colonoscopy scheduled for July. Time to change the diet to see if I can get the cholesterol down without meds.

Stay on top of the high iron…my FIL was diagnosed with stage 4 cirrhosis of the liver when he caught his

Comment

If you have health insurance you might as well use it. You pay thru the nose for it. Annual Screenings are typically with no copay. The earlier disease is identified, the better your chances of recovery. I’m a Colo/rectal cancer survivor. Colonoscopies work.

Comment

If your pee doesn't look right, go to the doctor. Don't go to the internet.

Comment

Working...
                              X