Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many great suggestions above.

I'll add - get the shingles vaccine.

As Shane stated, exercise regularly even if that's just walking or staying active by getting up and moving your body. Also, I try to focus more on exercise that targets legs, lungs, balance, and flexibility.

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
      Boy I bet that will scare you into shape
      It's the best, most fun, way to get a good look at the ol' undercarriage. Plus, it's good exercise!

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
        As mentioned above, the mirror test doesn't lie.

At least once a week I like to get completely naked and do high-kicks in front of a full-length mirror.

Yahahaha, for some weird reason..I got a really detailed vision of this when I read it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
          . Prostate was good. I still don't know why we cant find a better way to check that with modern medicine.
          It can be done by blood test.
          Your doc probably does it the old fashioned way out of nostalgia.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
            Blood test is only part of prostate exam. My blood work came back OK. Psa was 2.0 but finger sweep felt a hard spot. Biopsy showed .5 % cancer in one of 12 samples. Prostate cancer at 50 years old. Radiation implants and I've been cancer free for 19 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
              I’ve had the old fashioned exam & certainly was not expecting that
              My previous pcp was old school but certainly a dang good Dr

Comment

In

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
                  I disagree with the stress test unless you run marathons. I don't want to create a problem where one didn't exist before.
                  My dr. told me he does know of several people that had heart attacks while doing a stress test.
                  No better time to have one, you’re already in the clinic !

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
                    With all the health issues that have been talked about on here lately, it got me to thinking. What all tests / procedures should we be taking as we get older, and at what age should we do them.

I am 51 and a little over weight. I drink more than I should and don't exercise enough. I went to the Dr. yesterday and got my yearly check up. Blood pressure was good. Prostate was good. I still don't know why we cant find a better way to check that with modern medicine. I'm getting blood work and a colonoscopy done next week. What else do I need to be getting done? All you old farts share your wisdom.
                    Step 1:
                    Know your blood type.

Step 2:
                    Eat accordingly to your blood type.

Step 3:
                    Drink fluids accordingly to your blood type.

Step 4: Exercise regularly. The fountain of youth comes from (within your body) the chemicals produced by the stressing and exercise of the major muscle groups.

Just this week a friend I had noticed several years ago
                    and been told directly, has major inflammation. After three years of me asking his blood type, he finally found out, because he was tired of hurting all the time. No surprise, surprise… he is O Positive. It ONLY took three years of me asking periodically and him to get to a point of persistent pain for him to realize…. Wheat and gluten aint his friend.

He picked up and started reading the book by Dr DAdamo Eat Right 4 Your Type.

He has a good chance of recovery being his wife is O Positive too and just recently lost a bunch of weight. She has gone from fatty to smoke wagon. Ive been hoping to help direct him from inflammed fatty to stud. Progress has been made in that direction. Yee Haw.

Its a lifestyle not just a diet.
                    Last edited by Briar Friar; 05-07-2022, 09:15 PM. Reason: ExerciseSpake

Comment

First I’ve heard of blood type related diet…interesting

Have them check for high iron when they are doing blood work. By the time my FIL found out he already had stage 4 cirrhosis of the liver.

Comment

There is allot of good advice here and some I need to investigate myself. I can’t stress enough for checkups and follow up if needed. Speaking from personal experiences due to early detection of a rare form of cancer from two plus years ago I am still here enjoying my Family and by the grace of God.

Comment

My new pcp I visited recently mentioned the below starting at age 50
                          1. Check psa
                          2 colonoscopy for average risk
                          He mentioned if a parent or sibling had colon cancer before age of 60 then they recommend starting at age 40

Comment

I had a buddy that had perfect numbers. Gym three times a week, ran pumped iron, all numbers were great. Had a heart attack the following week. He survived it.
                            Start intermittent fasting, exercise, eat properly, and most importantly have your salvation nailed down.
                            Almost forgot the colonoscopy. I have my next one this year at 67. Been clear for all pre ious ones.

Comment

The Leading Provider of Annual Screenings for Heart, Stroke & Other Chronic Diseases. Trusted by Over 10 Million Customers. Book now Why Get Screened Annually? Life Line Screening makes you aware of unrecognized and potential health risks annually. Awareness and early detection of disease enables you to take action. Screening Options: Cardiovascular & Stroke Disease […]

Comment

Regular checkup at least every year and a colonoscopy when the Doc tells you to do it. Usually at 50 and every 10 years and maybe sooner depending on what they find.

Eat right, exercise when you can and drink plenty of Bourbon! LOL Just kidding on the Bourbon.

If you are young, 40 and under, start realizing what you do in your younger years will greatly affect your body after 60 if not earlier!

Comment

Working...
                                X