Honeymoon Destination Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drwilliams View Post
    We went to Exuma back in 2015. I'm glad your trip was a good one. I wouldn't say ours was bad but we thought the place sucked! Beer was terrible and the soda was flat for a whiskey drink. Whiskey on the rocks was about the only way to drink it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Where did you stay… not that there are many choices. Lol

I personally would never order a whiskey that required a soda. As far as beer they had a few domestic options as well as The 2 local favorites “Sands” and I can’t remember the other

We stayed at Sandals and it was top notch in every category

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
      Where did you stay… not that there are many choices. Lol

I personally would never order a whiskey that required a soda. As far as beer they had a few domestic options as well as The 2 local favorites “Sands” and I can’t remember the other

We stayed at Sandals and it was top notch in every category
      Sandals Great Exuma

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hawaii

Comment

Last year to go required a negative test. Not sure now. To come home required the same… they couldn’t have told me I had a booger much let Rona lol
          Attached Files

Comment

You don’t have to leave the country.
            There are all inclusive resorts in Florida, which also happens to have some of the nicest beaches in the world.
            You have to test negative to come back into the country from abroad.
            We have friends that are stuck in Cancun right now because they tested positive, but are not “sick”.
            An extra week at their resort while they wait on a negative test is going to cost them a fortune. They are lucky they had availability at the resort so that they don’t have to stay at some dump in the city.

Comment

Originally posted by backwoods View Post
              You don’t have to leave the country.
              There are all inclusive resorts in Florida, which also happens to have some of the nicest beaches in the world.
              You have to test negative to come back into the country from abroad.
              We have friends that are stuck in Cancun right now because they tested positive, but are not “sick”.
              An extra week at their resort while they wait on a negative test is going to cost them a fortune. They are lucky they had availability at the resort so that they don’t have to stay at some dump in the city.
              Florida has great options too! They are about 3x the price for 1/2 the services and the crowds are insane…INSANE

I LOVE it there, but for the value I’d take stuck in a foreign country against my will…. Seriously

Comment

To the Op. pretty important question. What’s yalls age bracket and do you want to go excursion more or night life?

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                  Florida has great options too! They are about 3x the price for 1/2 the services and the crowds are insane…INSANE

I LOVE it there, but for the value I’d take stuck in a foreign country against my will…. Seriously
                  Was at a resort in FL last week. It was not all inclusive but we stopped at a liquor store and grocery store before checking in and got all the drinks and mixers we wanted. During the week, it was not crowded at all. Overall, factoring in air travel, it was less expensive than the resorts in Cost Rica and Mayan Riviera that we had priced. We aren’t “foodies” so we don’t spend a lot on restaurants. We typically share a meal.

The service in foreign all inclusive resorts is hard to beat, but you can certainly beat the price if you shop around and sacrifice a few luxuries

Comment

been to many of the places you mentioned. A good time at all. Don't overlook the old places like Bahamas, Cayman, and DomRep.

Comment

Originally posted by backwoods View Post
                      Was at a resort in FL last week. It was not all inclusive but we stopped at a liquor store and grocery store before checking in and got all the drinks and mixers we wanted. During the week, it was not crowded at all. Overall, factoring in air travel, it was less expensive than the resorts in Cost Rica and Mayan Riviera that we had priced. We aren’t “foodies” so we don’t spend a lot on restaurants. We typically share a meal.

The service in foreign all inclusive resorts is hard to beat, but you can certainly beat the price if you shop around and sacrifice a few luxuries
                      I love Florida. Ft Walton, Destin, Miami, key west…

I fly out of DFW and can fly to Cancun cheaper than fly or drive to Florida… easily…. In an hour and a half. Resort by day… not even close. Figure in all exclusive and Mexico… for value wins. BUT… Florida food is a little better not much and probably far less than Galveston in my opinion.

If only Galveston had Florida water… perfect!!!! Lol

One thing to note about Cancun/ riviera maya location is sea weed has been tragic!!!! All reports I get are terrible. So if you look in that area, so your homework. DR is bad on on end and clear on south. Bahamas I never seen any. Jamaica is clear also

Cancun night life in younger days is tough to beat. Bahamas laid back on island time is hard to beat. Florida can be too if your “self contained”…. But I don’t go on a vacation like a honeymoon to cook and do chores

Comment

Quepos, Costa Rica is our new “go to” place but we also have friends that own a house/pool there. We get full time chef service and everything you can think of taken care of. They actually rent the house out of you are interested. It’s on top of a mountain with monkeys, parrots, tucans etc.

For a beach, the Bahamas are hard to beat and feels safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                          I'd go somewhere there is a good possibility of rain and bad weather.
                          I like the way you think!

Comment

Check out Tabacon hot springs resort in Costa Rica. It's awesome. Middle of the rainforest by the Arenal volcano. Spend a few days there then go find a place on the coast for a couple days. People are so laid back and nice in that country.

Comment

St. Thomas is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by IDFWU View Post
                                We did the “Rhine Getaway” with Viking River Cruises. Can not recommend it enough. It’s essentially all inclusive. Small ship (like 200 people on the entire boat including staff). Plenty of included trips and ample time to do other excursions if you want or just sit on the ship, eat, drink and do the other things newly weds do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                I bet that was awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X