Another 737 crash...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    I don't see how you get 10mins of flight if all engines quit simultaneously on a passenger jet.
    It's happened. Google the longest glide by a passenger jet

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought this crash was in China!

Comment

Didn't the 737 have a malfunction several years back causing the plane to crash headfirst into the swamp. I think the problem was called Rudder Hardover. Anyone remember that? Could that have cause this crash?

Comment

I just drink enough in the airport I don't worry about anything.

Comment

Wow

Comment

Originally posted by BETTERLUCKYTHANGOOD View Post
              WRONG, I'm gonna find the prettiest lady on the plane, place my head between her legs and kiss her @ss goodbye.
              Word

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
                I thought this crash was in China!
                yep

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                  Didn't the 737 have a malfunction several years back causing the plane to crash headfirst into the swamp. I think the problem was called Rudder Hardover. Anyone remember that? Could that have cause this crash?
                  ValueJet (I think) was the one that went down in FL ages ago. It was due to the oxygen canisters on the plane.

Comment

Very suspicious video. Even if only one wing was attached it would not dive straight down. Like someone else said, descending 4,000 feet in 3 minutes is a lower than normal rate of descent. Jets glide pretty well with the loss of all engine power. A perfectly vertical dive like that is hard to achieve when you try. Either deliberate or some type of catastrophic failure. All the fire after impact indicates wings were still attached with fuel in them.

Comment

Originally posted by Leverhunter View Post
                      Very suspicious video. Even if only one wing was attached it would not dive straight down. Like someone else said, descending 4,000 feet in 3 minutes is a lower than normal rate of descent. Jets glide pretty well with the loss of all engine power. A perfectly vertical dive like that is hard to achieve when you try. Either deliberate or some type of catastrophic failure. All the fire after impact indicates wings were still attached with fuel in them.
                      Trim runaway perhaps

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                        United Airlines Flight 585 was a scheduled passenger flight on March 3, 1991 from Denver to Colorado Springs, Colorado, carrying 20 passengers and 5 crew members on board. The plane experienced a rudder hardover while on final approach to runway 35 at Colorado Springs Municipal Airport, causing the plane to roll over and enter an uncontrolled dive. All 25 people onboard were killed.

The NTSB was initially unable to resolve the cause of the crash, but after similar accidents and incidents involving Boeing 737 aircraft, the crash was determined to be caused by a defect in the design of the 737's rudder power control unit.[1]: ix 

At 09:23 AM Mountain Standard Time, Flight 585 departed Denver with 20 passengers and 5 crew members on board and was scheduled to arrive in Colorado Springs at 09:46 AM.[1]: 2  At 09:37 AM, the aircraft was cleared for a visual approach to runway 35.[1]: 2  The aircraft then suddenly rolled to the right and pitched nose down. The crew tried to initiate a go-around by selecting 15-degree flaps and an increase in thrust. The altitude decreased rapidly and acceleration increased to over 4G until the aircraft crashed into Widefield Park, less than four miles (6 km) from the runway threshold, at a speed of 245 miles per hour (215 kn; 395 km/h). The aircraft exploded on impact and an enormous fireball erupted as a result. According to the accident report, the resulting crash and explosion carved a crater 39 by 24 feet (12 m × 7.3 m) and 15 ft (5 m) deep.[1] Everyone on board was killed instantly, and an eight-year-old girl who lived nearby the tumbling jet was knocked to the ground by the force of the impact, suffering minor injuries.[4]

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                          Passenger jets are pretty much rocks with no lift vs your smaller prop planes...no thrust = gravity takes over. Seems like the engines just went dead??
                          Passenger jets don't have the best glide ratio, but they are not rock, when they loose their engines, unless something else goes wrong. Normally when a passenger plane only looses it's engines, it will descend at a faster rate than a slower speed aircraft, that has a low power engine, which will have a lot higher lift ratio, or higher of wing surface area, to weight of the plane. Generally the faster a plane can fly, the lower the glide ratio. So typically fighter jets typically have the lowest glide ratio. Generally, you are not going to be able to fly like a glider and do loops or even be able to climb. But you will be able to steer, it but will all be downwards, I think typically you can expect about a 30 degree angle of decent.

I have seen a couple of shows lately of commercial air craft that did pretty much just drop dang near straight down. Those incidents baffled the investigators, but they were eventually able to figure out what happened. Basically near straight down decent, is not normal for a commercial aircraft, even after loosing all power.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                            Passenger jets don't have the best glide ratio, but they are not rock, when they loose their engines, unless something else goes wrong. Normally when a passenger plane only looses it's engines, it will descend at a faster rate than a slower speed aircraft, that has a low power engine, which will have a lot higher lift ratio, or higher of wing surface area, to weight of the plane. Generally the faster a plane can fly, the lower the glide ratio. So typically fighter jets typically have the lowest glide ratio. Generally, you are not going to be able to fly like a glider and do loops or even be able to climb. But you will be able to steer, it but will all be downwards, I think typically you can expect about a 30 degree angle of decent.

I have seen a couple of shows lately of commercial air craft that did pretty much just drop dang near straight down. Those incidents baffled the investigators, but they were eventually able to figure out what happened. Basically near straight down decent, is not normal for a commercial aircraft, even after loosing all power.
                            LOSE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                              I just drink enough in the airport I don't worry about anything.

You ain’t never lied fam 😂

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post

A Cessna 172 has a best distance glide ratio is 9:1 and a Boeing 737 is 17:1.

Comment

Working...
                                X