No announcement yet.

Another 737 crash...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is why I never listen during the safety announcement on airplanes. Figure if it goes down, I’ll lean forward, place my head between my legs and kiss my @ss goodbye!

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
      This is why I never listen during the safety announcement on airplanes. Figure if it goes down, I’ll lean forward, place my head between my legs and kiss my @ss goodbye!
      WRONG, I'm gonna find the prettiest lady on the plane, place my head between her legs and kiss her @ss goodbye.

Comment

The 737 is fitted with angle of attack sensors. If these malfunction the automatic controls try to force the nose down and it is difficult to overcome this. If the pilots were not experienced enough they might not be able to recover.

This short citation came from a 2019 report on angle of attack sensors.

"In interviews late last week, aviation experts said there was no reason for broad alarm about the sensors. But six experts said that the risks posed by a faulty angle-of-attack sensor are amplified by the increasing role of cockpit automation. It is an example of how the same technology that makes aircraft safer — automated software — can be undone by a seemingly small problem.

“The sensor going out is serious,” said Clint Balog, a test pilot and associate professor at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. “But it can be made critical by software.
        "
        Last edited by Phillip Fields; 03-21-2022, 01:14 PM.

Comment

I thought those were only on the MAX? Also if you guys haven't watched the documentary on the previous Boeing crashes on Netflix its worth a watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
            Yep, Sully landed one on the Hudson river without engines. Tom Hanks did it also.
            I think Tom did it better than Sully, at least he made more money !

Comment

Originally posted by kcnatural View Post
              My co-worker and I said the same thing. Pilot and co-pilot would have to be dead layed over the yolks.
              Might with wings sheared off and all or most cargo dumped forward.

Comment

Originally posted by BETTERLUCKYTHANGOOD View Post
                WRONG, I'm gonna find the prettiest lady on the plane, place my head between her legs and kiss her @ss goodbye.
                Now we are talkin

Comment

Originally posted by ORIONTHEHUNTER View Post
                  I thought those were only on the MAX? Also if you guys haven't watched the documentary on the previous Boeing crashes on Netflix its worth a watch.
                  Those reports, about one-fifth of which involve Boeing planes, include incidents in which AOA sensors were frozen, improperly installed, struck by lightning or even hit by flying birds. In some cases, faulty sensors led to stall warnings, forcing pilots to abort takeoffs or perform emergency landings.
                  In one 2011 case, the flight crew on a Boeing 737-800 reported that the "angle of attack and airspeed failed" and declared an emergency. An AOA sensor was then replaced. The FAA also issued two directives for various Boeing aircraft models before the 737 MAX was released, indicating that Boeing was aware of the potential for the sensors to cause problems in its planes.

Comment

Yikes, that looks like the wings folded up or fell off. Curious where they will find the engines. Terrible.

Comment

I used to fly all the time andnever think twice. That has changed in recent years…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
                        Yikes, that looks like the wings folded up or fell off. Curious where they will find the engines. Terrible.
                        I was also wondering how deep the engines would bury.

Comment

Originally posted by ORIONTHEHUNTER View Post
                          I watched that yesterday. Makes your blood boil.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            Doesn’t take an FAA investigator to see that that was deliberate…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Quite the statement.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                              Quite the statement.
                              Conspiracies abound.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                                I watched that yesterday. Makes your blood boil.
                                Agreed. It’s blatant corporate greed that has cost hundreds of lives.

Comment

Working...
                                X