No announcement yet.

anthrax updates for Sutton and valverde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James, if you see this, would you kindly give me a private message ping back please? My low post count won't let me ping you.

I have a few questions for you.
    Thanks very much!
    Mark

Originally posted by James View Post
    As for all the deer leaving and coming back theories, my opinion is No, they’re dead. This is numerous counties miles and miles. Going from one anthrax ranch to the next doesn’t make much sense to me. I could be wrong though.
    Our place is same update, not really finding any fresh ones just old ones from real bad outbreak in late July. Kinda stopped looking after 138 bodies, tired of death.
    Some pastures have zero deer on camera, some still have decent numbers. I have My texting camera going off all night with nocturnal pics of about 6-10 deer every night. Out of the 28 big known bucks on the ranch ZERO are on camera but only 3 have been found dead. We are seeing pockets of deer driving no where near feeders on the ranch.
    Like others said, drove miles and miles at night where we usually see 100 deer and don’t see a single one now.
    Majority of feed pens that usually have 30 deer in it look like this right now...

Comment

got my camera cards yesterday, last time I had a deer on camera was August 11th!
      not looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by JDALEX View Post
        got my camera cards yesterday, last time I had a deer on camera was August 11th!
        not looking good!
        What part of the county are you in?

Comment

Well anyone still seeing or hearing anything else about the breakout?

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
            What part of the county are you in?
            NW Kinney county right along 2523 and 3008

Comment

I don’t think it’s over. I haven’t had a single deer on camera in several days. It’s depressing. My buddy found these.

Comment

It got us. The landowner is refunding our money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BrianG View Post

Where at in Sutton County?

Comment

Thats stand-up landowner right there.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                      I don’t think it’s over. I haven’t had a single deer on camera in several days. It’s depressing. My buddy found these.

Those don’t look fresh at all, probably from original outbreak. My texting cam is showing life but nothing to brag about. First opening weekend of life I’m not even excited about.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                        Where at in Sutton County?

189. South west corner.

Comment

Refund here as well and hunting the season out for axis only. Not a whitetail to be seen around our place

Comment

Hey Brian G and Taco, Since your landowner is refunding your money are you leaving your stuff at the lease and staying on in hopes the heard will replenish down the road? Oe are you leaving?

I m down the road from you and not sure how to work with the landowner,

thx Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Fischer View Post
                              Hey Brian G and Taco, Since your landowner is refunding your money are you leaving your stuff at the lease and staying on in hopes the heard will replenish down the road? Oe are you leaving?

I m down the road from you and not sure how to work with the landowner,

thx Frank

He’s letting us still hunt for doves, pigs, turkeys, ect... our plan is to stay. Maybe find a secondary place to hunt after this season.

Comment

If anyone wants to hunt aoudad cheap let me know. That seems to be all we have left.

Comment

Working...
                                X