anthrax updates for Sutton and valverde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Norseman View Post
    Kinney county, Shahan ranch checking in. No cattle or game out here yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We are about 19 miles north of town. As of last weekend, no signs of any. Our grass is so high and we feed medicated feed so I don't expect to see any or many.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Norseman View Post
      Where in Kinney are you?

20 miles north of 90 on 3008

Comment

[emoji51] little close for comfort

Comment

I just came back from the lease and we are on the western county line with Terrell County. Other than dry and hot, all of our deer looked pretty good. I was worried about the anthrax because we had a break out several years ago that decimated the herd.

Comment

Facebook pages seem like they are showing reports left and right on this stuff....

Comment

Tag

Comment

A buddy of mine has a place off of 1989 west of Sonora and it looks like it has killed most of their deer. They have axis and fallow and Aoudad too. Free range. I’ve got an Aoudad hung paid for there. Not looking good.

He usually goes through tons of feed. Nothing has touched the protein and corn is piling up.

Comment

Dang that’s terrible hate to here this !

Comment

Biologist told him they suspect 750k acres and 80%+ die off to be hit. That’s insane.

Comment

Its also amazing how ignorant people are to this being naturally occur and around forever.

Some people are asking/claiming its high fence related.... Facepalm!

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                        We are about 19 miles north of town. As of last weekend, no signs of any. Our grass is so high and we feed medicated feed so I don't expect to see any or many.

we have fed medicated feed for 10 yrs and place looks great and just last few days we are having deer falling over dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
                          we have fed medicated feed for 10 yrs and place looks great and just last few days we are having deer falling over dead.
                          Oh no! Carta valley? Do yall run livestock?

Comment

Hunt in Sonora and have not heard anything yet about our place. I’m pretty sure the landowner would have called. We also have friends 10 miles down the road and nothing as well.

Comment

My buddy in Campwood has been making a ton of improvements on his place just outside town and they haven’t seen anything dead. However, I know it’s historically been around Campwood.

Hopefully it goes away soon. Not a good deal at all.

Comment

We’re estimating 10% die off so far on our 20k plus acre low fence lease in Kinney County so far. Sad stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X