Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossbow Broadheads???

Quick question...
    As far as shooting a crossbow what is the preferred Broadhead? Mechanical or fixed???

I prefer mechanicals.
    I have shot Rage, swhacker, & NAP.
    All have performed well.

Comment

Both will work. Lots of threads discussing fixed and mechanicals.

Comment

Rage hypo's or trypan's leave phenomenal blood trails with a crossbow, not to mention a huge hole! My wife and son both shoot these

Comment

Awesome. Thanks for the input. My father I. Law going to shoot a crossbow and he is skeptical of using mechanicals because he this that it may malfunction in some way.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
            Rage hypo's or trypan's leave phenomenal blood trails with a crossbow, not to mention a huge hole! My wife and son both shoot these
            NAP FOC leave a 3” hole. Devastating.

Comment

Nap spitfires and Magnus stinger Killer Bee both in 125gr. They Fly great and open large holes in animals.

Comment

Originally posted by Bperwerton View Post
                Awesome. Thanks for the input. My father I. Law going to shoot a crossbow and he is skeptical of using mechanicals because he this that it may malfunction in some way.
                My wife shot this big boar last weekend with a trypan and got full pass through. Went maybe 40 yrds. With any broadhead fixed or mechanical, shot placement is key. Both will work if you do your part.
                Attached Files

Comment

I like the 100 grain Rage mechanical two blade.

Comment

100 gr rage xbow extreme. My dad shot it a few years ago. Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-10-14 08.48.15.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	24595278

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

Nasty exit wound

Comment

Rage all the way. Lethal and much more accurate than any fixed blades I have tried.

Comment

I’ve settled on fixed through the lungs but no doubt the mechanical does leave more blood trail.

Comment

Most important is hit then/in right spot and get penetration...Swhaker /NAP and Muzzy all been good for me but there are other great ones out there

Comment

I'm all about fixed for compounds and stickbows but after seeing what a mechanical will do to a Nilgai from out of a crossbow I wouldnt hesitate to use a mechanical with the extra oomph a crossbow has behind it

Comment

Working...
                              X