X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Igloo! Made in USA

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
      I bought these and am very happy with the quality. Built like a tank and work every bit as good as a Yeti.
      CaterGators from https://www.webstaurantstore.com/sea...st-cooler.html

I got a 100 qt and a 20 qt for about half the price of a single Yeti.
      Where are they made? I didn't see COO.

Comment

We do the same thing when camping, use two main ice chest one for drinks and one for food, I have an ice chest(95 Qt.) I won and it looks like a Yeti but says made in the Phillipines on the bottom, blue interior white exterior, it has worked really well, a little too heavy when it is full definitely a two man job to move.
        My most recent purchase is a Walmart Lifetime 55 Qt., we haven't used it in the heat of the summer yet but were down at the coast last weekend and it did very well.
        We typically bring the ice chest inside the house and leave them open the night before we pack them to at least cool down to room temp, the other thing we do is freeze water in square or rectangular tupperware or tupperware like containers, line the bottom of the ice chest with these blocks of ice and dump loose ice on top of the contents, the blocks will last all week when camping.
        When freezing the tupperware ice blocks, once frozen you can remove the ice block from the tupperware container and stack the blocks in the freezer for convenient storage until needed.
        I also use a tupperware block of ice in the bottom of my soft side Artic when going to the lease for the day, add drinks and ice on top and it last all day easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Kossetx View Post
          Where are they made? I didn't see COO.
          All I have seen is that they Are Not made in the USA! I’ll refrain from purchasing one but that’s just me

Comment

If you are constantly in and out of the cooler throughout the day (like a drink cooler would be) then it doesn't matter which cooler you choose. They all will perform the same, Yeti, RTIC, Pelican, Coleman, Igloo, etc... A cooler that you aren't in as often is where the high price coolers will outshine the standard Igloo/Colemans. I have yetis, RTICs, Pelicans, and Coleman Extremes. For weekend trips, etc... I prefer the Coleman's as they are no where near as heavy, and have performed perfectly fine for their use. For longer trips, or trips where I have a dedicated ICE cooler (mixed drinks) I use the heavier more expensive coolers.

Comment

Take a look at the Cordova brand of coolers. American made in Idaho by one of the deadliest catch shows captains.

It has a lot of features features other roto molds don't. I'm happy with the 2 I've bought. Keeps ice just as long as the rest of them do!

Comment

I have a Yeti, RTIC and an Ozark Trails. Like the Yeti and the RTIC but the Ozark Trails is a smaller one and I don't like it very much. However, in all fairness to the Ozark, it generally stays in the bed of my Mule and get bounced around a lot on the lease and opened frequently.
                The only times I take my Yeti and RTIC is when it is really hot. Keep them in the shade and store only ice in them. Open only for a new bag of ice. I can generally get 4 to 5 days worth of ice this way.

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
                  If you are constantly in and out of the cooler throughout the day (like a drink cooler would be) then it doesn't matter which cooler you choose. They all will perform the same, Yeti, RTIC, Pelican, Coleman, Igloo, etc... A cooler that you aren't in as often is where the high price coolers will outshine the standard Igloo/Colemans. I have yetis, RTICs, Pelicans, and Coleman Extremes. For weekend trips, etc... I prefer the Coleman's as they are no where near as heavy, and have performed perfectly fine for their use. For longer trips, or trips where I have a dedicated ICE cooler (mixed drinks) I use the heavier more expensive coolers.

I haven’t been able to bring myself to buy one of them high dollar coolers. I do want one for long trips/food cooler. But, as stated above a cooler is only as good as the time spent closed. With this said. I have good luck with my Colman/igloo coolers for lease use. Keep them in shade and frozen bottles of water will keep food good and cool. Loose ice for drinks as the water stays cold as ice melts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have an Orca and an Ozark Trail...love the Orca, but pricey...brother loves his Canyon cooler.

Comment

I really like my Igloo IMX. It rides in the back of my truck for days on Summer time fishing trips and does really well. Half the cost and much lighter than Yeti and others.

Built with durable injection molded construction, UV inhibitors, and marine grade rubberized latches. The IMX rotomolded cooler is built for outdoor performance - take one on your next camping trip, hunting excursion or boating adventure.

Comment

I bought a 110qt Yukon Trail w/wheels on it from Bucees a few years ago and it works great for our Mexico trips. We stay for a week at times and I've always had ice in it when we leave. I bought it specifically for Mexico runs given we have limited to no access to ice.

Comment

It is a cooler... but much more than a cooler! We have built the ultimate cooler system that includes dry storage cans and kits for all occasions.

Here you go. You will be the new cool guy on the block.

Comment

Check out Ice Hole. I have a few of them and love them. Great guys that run the company, all Texans.

Comment

Just from my experience I will give another shout out to Bison based on their customer service. I called on a Friday afternoon with an issue with a cooler. Saturday morning I had a brand new cooler sitting at the gate.

Last week I had an issue with a brand new cushion from Rtic and they basically just told me to buy a new one and send the old back.

Comment

I have two of the Igloo STX super tough coolers. One for deer, the other for beer and groceries. I retired the one for beer and groceries. It simply won't hold ice very well, not even in the winter. The big one I have to be careful with because it doesn't hold ice worth a hoot either and it will all melt overnight leaving a deer at nearly room temperature.

Mary has a TBH Bison and it is now the beer and groceries box. What a difference. I'd have never believed it. I put ice in before I leave, and I have ice in it when I get back - even in the summer in south Texas or in the Hill Country. It rides in the back of the Ranger too. It takes abuse but does what it is supposed to do. I think we are going to have to splurge and get one of the 125's for next season. Mary kills enough critters to fill 'em up quick.

Comment

Working...
                                X