• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pony1971 View Post
    Futures bounced this week.
    Now sitting at....
    Sept $647
    Nov $634
    Jan $645

Fires and Covid on the Canadian side is driving alot of emotion. The timber issue will be a long term problem for them. It is a huge reason so many of the Canadian companies have purchased SYP mills in the south.

Another rumor growing is mills announcing downtime for capital projects. Unsurprisingly, many of them are flush with cash/profits. They need to spend some money. West Fraser was buying back their own stock at a premium last week because the balance sheet was too cash heavy. Interfor purchased 4 sawmills from GP a couple months ago and the sale has already finalized.

You will hear next week how active SYP has been and the bullish tone will return...for a short time at least. I would not expect Lumber down is the next month or so....panels yes, Lumber no.

They are back down again.

Comment

What are prices like now compared to 3-5 months ago?

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
        What are prices like now compared to 3-5 months ago?
        Lumber increased 13.40 USD/1000 board feet or 2.34% since the beginning of 2024, according to trading on a contract for difference (CFD) that tracks the benchmark market for this commodity. Lumber - values, historical data, forecasts and news - updated on March of 2024.

May hit $1649/1000 board ft, it is $473 today.

Comment

Stick lumber has been dropping pretty quickly. Sheet goods are delayed and still high but I imagine they will follow suit in the next couple months.

Comment

My builder said he can get OSB for $15.50/sheet right now. It was $48 several months ago. We gave him the green light on our build. Dimensional lumber has dropped as well

Comment

Lumber has reached it's low again. Upward rebound begins once more.

I don't want to read the hippie poems some of you are.

Comment

Hopefully starting my Rockport build soon.

Comment

From what I heard, plywood and OSB are still high due to the price of glue used still being very high.

Comment

Working...
                  X