What would you have done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
    You probably handled that the right way but I’m noted for handling things wrong, but then again I get results. The waitress did not earn a tip. I would have left her a penny with a note explaining why. The manager would have had an embarrassing experience with all the customers knowing exactly what a rip-off that place was and I would have demanded to speak to the owner. After that, I would have gone on line and left extremely bad reviews on every site I could find.
    Then I would have taken my butt woopin from my wife for being such a jerk...but by golly I would have gotten satisfaction.
    I detect sarcasm 😎

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
      Wouldn't that be "ensure" ?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
      Don't know, just what I have always been told it stood for

Did not major in English (grammar/punctuation etc)

BTW if I can see a waiter/waitress is having a bad day in general and I get poor service I have been known to tip more than normal

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Stewart View Post
        I would have gotten up and walked out. Left funds on the table for any drinks.

Same... Would have probably given the manager a second chance and let him do the right thing after I politely told him I was not paying for a meal I didn't order, no matter where his cooks were in the process. It was not an excuse for me to pay full price when the meal didnt offer the full meal and especially after being hush hush. If he stood his ground, I would have gotten up and walked out with money for drinks on the table if I had received them and drank on them. I doubt I would have tipped even though I'm a solid tipper. She was part of the cover up.

Comment

Laid on the floor and threw a screaming meanie FIT

Comment

Do what you tell your kids. Eat what is in front of you or go to bed hungry

Comment

Fit

Laid on the floor and threw a screaming meanie FIT

Comment

Thats like ordering a mixed drink, minus the alcohol. Or crab cakes minus the crab.
                It's not what you ordered. I would have left money for what was needed and left, not to include the entrées.
                They don't care if they lose you as a customer, and that's fine. But I'm not paying for something I didn't order or a incomplete order. Cruddy way of running/managing a business.

Comment

I would have just left the restraint without any further action, including paying for something that was not what I ordered!

Comment

You handled a bad situation like an adult. I hope I would have shown the same maturity, but I'm afraid I might not have.

Comment

sorry i respectfully disagree. rewarding horrific service by still leaving a tip does nothing to help improve. i feel if you hit them where it hurts it may elicit some change to do better. I would also post their name, and leave a nice review on yelp or google.

Comment

Your story reminds of the saying, “That which you ignore, you encourage.” It seems as if social graces and common courtesy are no longer taught in the home anymore, and I believe it has had a deleterious effect on customer service.

Like many of you have offered, I would have paid for anything I consumed, would NOT have left a tip, and would have walked away…but not without a stern explanation as to why I was doing so. To do otherwise would have been a failure to hold the restaurant and it’s employees accountable for their poor behavior and with no motivation to change it.

Comment

For the people they are saying just move on, this is a first world problem, etc……

Yes I’m sure people that are starving to death would not argue over not getting the correct meal and I’m not sure why that is brought up. In fact most of the things we worry about are first world issues. If your new truck has a mechanical issue while under warranty and the dealership has kept it for a month with no resolution to in sight, just move on, people in Ethiopia probably don’t have vehicles to begin with and have to walk everywhere so why should you worry about a truck? First world problem, right?

You go to a tire dealership and order four new tires for your vehicle. You pay upfront like always and it is $800. An hour later you get your car back and noticed that there are only three new tires. The manager says he is sorry but they only had three of the tires that you wanted but that will be the $800. Sure they were out but part of their overhead is paying for the employees and the guy already worked on your vehicle so you have to pay the full amount.

Sure the difference is a $200 tire instead of $10 worth of crab meat but they are both the same issue. In any other circumstance you would call that theft.

I don’t think I would ever pay for a service that I was not delivered. The manager should have taken off the price of the crab or comped the drinks or allowed another meal to be ordered. I do not accept that the manager does not have that authority and think that is a nonsense answer.

I would not have screamed and cursed if that is what someone calls making a scene. I would have simply said fine, you did not deliver my meal and I would have walked out. I would have paid for the drinks if I ordered them.

I would not have paid for a meal that I did not get.

Comment

I would have told him to bring me the check and to keep the entrées because didn't want them and refused to pay for them. Then my wife would have logged onto google maps and left a scathing review while I drove to another restaurant.

Had a similar situation happen to me twice in the past few months. First with Fedex Saturday delivery and again with UPS overnight delivery. Both promised overnight delivery, charged me double the normal rate then proceeded to miss the delivery, blame it on Covid and bring my packages on a Monday after 3pm. When I called both companies I was told no partial refund, to kick rocks, and their new policy states they don't "guarantee" overnight. I asked where is the disclaimer on the website? No answer given because it wasn't there. [emoji35]

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Stewart View Post
                              I would have gotten up and walked out. Left funds on the table for any drinks.
                              This.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stick bow View Post
                                First world problems
                                True.[emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X