What would you have done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    He literally ordered two items with crab and you don’t see a problem with it? He should have been told as soon as he ordered that they didn’t have the crab he was ordering.

Wow! Next time you go out to eat just tell the waitress to surprise you because you will pay for it and eat it anyway.
    Not saying there's no problem with what happened. I agree he should've been told originally, and should've been given a discount or different food by the manager. I'm not going to throw a fit about it though. I'll pay my tab and never go again.

Comment

A..... I would not have left a tip at all. I would have taken the 10 dollar off discount on next visit and let them know I still wasn`t happy after my food had made it to the table. Then I would have notified corporate the next day and expressed how I was not satisfied. Did this once at Red Lobster and received a were sorry Email and a 50 dollar gift card.

B..... Told them I was not paying for the meal since it did not meet "Their" description. Pay for drinks and leave and not return. Still call corporate.

I absolutely email corporate about bad service, bad food or anything else that I feel need to be addressed.

I also email corporate when I have a pleasant experience, great service or great food. I have sent Red Lobster 2 emails praising the restaurant I complained about. I did this as recent as 2 weeks ago.

Comment

I would have walked out

Comment

What's classy about letting them get away with presenting a meal that you didn't order? If an issue isn't made they will continue to treat customers the way they treated you. I don't get the "look the other way" attitude. This is what is wrong with America.

The way you give the wait staff notification that the service was real bad is place a penny under an ice cube as the tip. Now in this case is was partly the wait staffs fault for not coming out and telling you they were out of what you ordered before it was prepared.

Comment

Makes me appreciate the excellent waitstaff and management even more at the restaurants that we frequent. Because that “service” is pathetic and doesn’t deserve to remain in business. I’m sorry, but expecting people to pay for something that isn’t what they ordered, when the restaurant KNOWS they can’t provide it, is insane

Comment

Would have walked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Stewart View Post
                What's classy about letting them get away with presenting a meal that you didn't order? If an issue isn't made they will continue to treat customers the way they treated you. I don't get the "look the other way" attitude. This is what is wrong with America.

The way you give the wait staff notification that the service was real bad is place a penny under an ice cube as the tip. Now in this case is was partly the wait staffs fault for not coming out and telling you they were out of what you ordered before it was prepared.

Should he have stood up and flipped the table over and made scene and punched the waiter and drop kicked the manager on the way out?

Paying for a meal that wasn’t what you ordered is debatable.

Never coming back and letting others know your experience will get rid of the establishment eventually. I say he handled it with class. They won’t be around much longer if that is their MO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What was the name of the "middle of the road " restaurant? Save the rest of us a bad experience.

Comment

I was wondering who the lone survivors were that still eat at red lobster. Mystery solved!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      He literally ordered two items with crab and you don’t see a problem with it? He should have been told as soon as he ordered that they didn’t have the crab he was ordering.

Wow! Next time you go out to eat just tell the waitress to surprise you because you will pay for it and eat it anyway.
                      Lol man, I have way more things to get bent out of shape about than a restaurant being out of crab. Were headed out to the Mexican restaurant here in a bit. Its the best around and we frequent it often. Had I went there the first time and had the crab ordeal I wouldn't of went back (unless they made it right). This day and age id just congratulate the waitress on being there at work and not at home drawing her bidenbucks.

Comment

Captain D's?......cause that's the only place that would treat customers that way and get away with it.
                        I probably would done the same thing.....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

Tip? I would not even have considered it
                          Just the "I didn't think you would mind" comment would have killed any tip

To
                          Insure
                          Proper
                          Service
                          Wouldn't that be "ensure" ?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

You guys that are forgiving in this particular situation may be part of the problem

Comment

OP handled it with class, app and entree should have been paid for by the waitress' tips, as she was the one who failed to inform the customer, corporate should be notified about the manager.

Comment

That waitress wants $15/hr but can't remember to tell you they're out of crab at a SEAFOOD restaurant!

Comment

Working...
                                X