What would you have done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
    Probably handled it as best you could. I understand restaurants and people working in them are just trying to make a living and it ****** me off when people treat them like they are personal servants. That said, I don't think they handled it correctly at all either. They won't last long if they keep that up.

Edit: No way insinuating that you treated them like your personal servants. You handled that situation well.
    We feel the same way, which is why we still tipped. The tips are not only for the waiter, but the cooks, busboys, hostesses, etc...

Comment

I'm not in the restaurant biz but I would've comped your drinks at least lol. Every POS system has a spill tab

Comment

Joe's Crab Shack?

Comment

You handled it very well, much better than most people these days. Classy folks are in short supply! The manager should have made right on the spot, no excuses.

Comment

Too much other stuff in the world to get bent over to worry about no crab. I would of ate my crabless food, drank my drink, paid and never went back. If they can't comp atleast the appetizer then its a no go for me in the future. Crap happens, they were out of crab. Make it right for the customer and have business later instead of worrying about a few dollars lost now.

Comment

I would have walked out.

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
                Too much other stuff in the world to get bent over to worry about no crab. I would of ate my crabless food, drank my drink, paid and never went back.
                This exactly. I've had very few bad experiences at restaurants, real easy to please. There are about 3 on my list that I'll never step foot in again though.

Comment

If I ordered something and it was not what I ordered they would not get paid period.

You owed them for drinks and not a dime more

Tip? I would not even have considered it
                  Just the "I didn't think you would mind" comment would have killed any tip

To
                  Insure
                  Proper
                  Service

Would not have made a scene but would not have paid either.

Next they will be bringing out a grilled burger patty and charging you for steak because they were out of steak

Comment

If I order a chicken sandwich and there is no chicken in it and the waitress says " I didn't think you would mind" I would leave and say I assume you won't mind, oh and feel free to eat the chickenless sandwich.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Stewart View Post
                      I would have gotten up and walked out. Left funds on the table for any drinks.
                      Same here. Pay for what I consumed and leave.

Comment

You probably handled that the right way but I’m noted for handling things wrong, but then again I get results. The waitress did not earn a tip. I would have left her a penny with a note explaining why. The manager would have had an embarrassing experience with all the customers knowing exactly what a rip-off that place was and I would have demanded to speak to the owner. After that, I would have gone on line and left extremely bad reviews on every site I could find.
                        Then I would have taken my butt woopin from my wife for being such a jerk...but by golly I would have gotten satisfaction.

Comment

I saw a family eating at a Mexican food place , they ate there food, then found a dead roach in the appetizer, the dad called over the owner, the owner said he wouldn’t comp the meal
                          And instead had the waitress bring a new order out after they had already eaten
                          No doggie bags offered! I assume they will not return LOL

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                            If I order a chicken sandwich and there is no chicken in it and the waitress says " I didn't think you would mind" I would leave and say I assume you won't mind, oh and feel free to eat the chickenless sandwich.
                            Ok, I told my wife this story and she laughed and said it would have been her getting up to leave and me telling her to just enjoy the meal and let it go. So now I am not sure. lol

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                              Most would feel the need to be heard, glad you handled it with some class.
                              I agree. There's an entire thread on this website about people not wanting to work. The restaurant industry is hurting bad for people right now.

However, I do agree with the following -
                              1. Waitress should have said they were out of lump crab meat. The initial order might have changed because of that. If crab meat was in your favorite entre there, it also gives you the chance to leave without issue

2. Crab meat is not cheap. Manager should have comped something...maybe the drinks or perhaps offered to make another entre on the house, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
                                Too much other stuff in the world to get bent over to worry about no crab. I would of ate my crabless food, drank my drink, paid and never went back. If they can't comp atleast the appetizer then its a no go for me in the future. Crap happens, they were out of crab. Make it right for the customer and have business later instead of worrying about a few dollars lost now.
                                Originally posted by CEO View Post
                                This exactly. I've had very few bad experiences at restaurants, real easy to please. There are about 3 on my list that I'll never step foot in again though.

He literally ordered two items with crab and you don’t see a problem with it? He should have been told as soon as he ordered that they didn’t have the crab he was ordering.

Wow! Next time you go out to eat just tell the waitress to surprise you because you will pay for it and eat it anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X