Simone Biles mental issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dbelcher269 View Post
    It could. But the thing is she chooses to be there in front of the spotlight. I'm not discounting she has issues or has faced trauma of some sort, most of us in life have. I'm saying she refers to herself as the goat in her sport and accepted and competed to be on a TEAM in an event she KNEW would be highly publicized. I applaud her for giving the real reason and hope she gets better while at the same time saying she should have made this decision a while back to allow someone else to fulfill their dream.
    She may have not been having these problems a while back or even last week, you'd have to be in her head to know.

Comment

Could you imagine Michael Jordan sitting out game 7 of the NBA finals due to stress?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Could you imagine Michael Jordan sitting out game 7 of the NBA finals due to stress?
        Nope....but I can imagine Jabron Lames doing so.

Comment

Pippen did it... but for selfish reasons.

Team sport.

You guys don't know if its just stress. lot to put on a kid without all the info.

Comment

I will just leave this right here….

Comment

Nor Colt Mc Coy mailing it in a big game.

No way it could happen.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                Nor Colt Mc Coy mailing it in a big game.

No way it could happen.
                always wondered if the was a money thing or blackmail, it didn't pass the smell test at all

Comment

Simone Biles: ‘I feel like I’m also not having as much fun - and this Olympic Games I wanted it to be for myself and it felt like I was still doing for other people - and that hurts my heart that doing what I love has been taken away from me.’

What in the hell does this even mean? So it is about her and not the team she was competing with I guess.

Comment

She's a top level elite athlete with the weight of the gymnastics world on her shoulders. Being 24 is getting on up there in women's gymnastics, so she probably is dealing with some burnout, I'd imagine. Hope she gets better and is back out there for her team soon.

Comment

More media garbage.

Gymnasts are some of the toughest athletes out there.
                      I seriously doubt she lost it mentally.

My guess is that with the weight of the entire USA on her shoulders she gave it a run. If she pulls out before competition started due to injury vs. going for it for the sake of the team. Neither worked.

Comment

Y’all are quick to talk some crap from behind your keyboards. All I can say.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                          Simone Biles: ‘I feel like I’m also not having as much fun - and this Olympic Games I wanted it to be for myself and it felt like I was still doing for other people - and that hurts my heart that doing what I love has been taken away from me.’

What in the hell does this even mean? So it is about her and not the team she was competing with I guess.
                          Pretty much.

Comment

Maybe if the coach molested him...

I have no idea what this girl has gone through. She is a girl. Not a grown *** man. Making comparisons to MJ is like comparing apples to bananas.

Comment

If her quote on twitter is true, I retract my previous statement. I am hoping she didn't quit on her teammates and her Country over a selfish emotional expectation.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                                Y’all are quick to talk some crap from behind your keyboards. All I can say.
                                No lie. This girl has more world championships and Olympic medals than probably everyone who posted above combined has in participation ribbons. I don’t follow gymnastics and she and I are not on a first name basis but I’ve never heard a negative thing about her and she has always presented herself in a very professional manner anytime I’ve seen her. She’s going to get a pass on this one from me.

Comment

Working...
                                X