Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Social Security disability canceled AND diagnosed with Parkinson’s in the same month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear that sir. Keep your head up and get a lawyer!

Comment

Prayer sent

Comment

You only have a certain amount of time to appeal or file for a reconsideration. Call attorney Steven Sanders in San Antonio. He should be able to help you out.

Prayers sent for you and your family.

Comment

Prayers up for you and your family!

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers Up

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                I thank y’all for the prayers as they are needed!!

It is tough and a pretty scary thing when your total household income is cut by 1/3 unexpectedly overnight. Not to mention a huge blow to your pride when you have to stop working.
                Pride suxx and God hates it. Keep that in check. Been there and done that. I retired at 63 while I’m Colorado. We were living in the mountains at the time and had moved there for the wife’s job. We have a special needs son that we couldn’t leave alone with the mountain lions and bears around the house.
                Anyway, I still struggle with this. I didn’t want to stop work and lose all those relationships, and yes you do learn from bad relationships as well. There’s a purpose for this in Gods eyes and I don’t like it, not one bit. But I know His plan is better I want to put Him in a box for show and tell. “ Hey check this out! I got God in a box! All I have to do is tell Him what I want, click my heels together three times and boom. I have what I asked for”!
                We know it doesn’t work that way brother. Humble yourself before God and ask Him for His wisdom, which He gives freely. You and yours are gonna make it through this and be stronger for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot4huntin View Post
                  You only have a certain amount of time to appeal or file for a reconsideration. Call attorney Steven Sanders in San Antonio. He should be able to help you out.

2 days after getting the letter from Social Security, I dropped the paperwork off at my local main Social Security office. That was on June 21st. As of July 6th, the last time that I called Social Security, they had still not processed the paperwork and got it in their system. I figured this would happen so when I dropped the paperwork off, I recorded myself doing so.

We have already contacted a couple of local law offices for a consultation, and will be calling more today. Thank you for the recommendation.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                    Pride suxx and God hates it. Keep that in check. Been there and done that. I retired at 63 while I’m Colorado. We were living in the mountains at the time and had moved there for the wife’s job. We have a special needs son that we couldn’t leave alone with the mountain lions and bears around the house.
                    Anyway, I still struggle with this. I didn’t want to stop work and lose all those relationships, and yes you do learn from bad relationships as well. There’s a purpose for this in Gods eyes and I don’t like it, not one bit. But I know His plan is better I want to put Him in a box for show and tell. “ Hey check this out! I got God in a box! All I have to do is tell Him what I want, click my heels together three times and boom. I have what I asked for”!
                    We know it doesn’t work that way brother. Humble yourself before God and ask Him for His wisdom, which He gives freely. You and yours are gonna make it through this and be stronger for it.

I pray every day asking God to show me His will for me and to use me for His glory. It is not an easy thing to do, to put your pride aside, and it can be EXTREMELY scary to ask that God use you for His glory. Typically, I’m a very humble person. When you get a double blow to your gut back to back like this though, it doesn’t matter how humble you are, your pride is going to take a hit. I’ve always went to work and made money to get out of tight situations like this in the past. Now though, that’s not an option. Now my family and I need God more than ever. I’m not a fair weather Christian and I know that God will see us through this.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot4huntin View Post

I called him this morning and explained the situation. He said in all of his 20 years he has never heard of a situation like mine. He recommended a different attorney to call that is better equipped to handle a case like this. I thanked him for being honest.

So I left a message at the attorney he recommended and am now waiting on a call back.

Comment

I’ve now called and talked to 11 different law firms from all over. None of them will do anything with cessation cases, despite what some of their websites say. I even contacted the Bar Association and they lady was VERY short with me and cut the conversation short after she said there’s no firms in my zip code that deal with cessation.

Our outflow exceeds our inflow so we won’t last long. I’ve gotten a quote from Zillow and am waiting on a quote from Offer Pad for our home. I’m hesitant about doing anything just yet though. If we can hang on long enough for Social Security to let us know what they are going to do then we will be ok. I just don’t know how long that is going to be.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                          I pray every day asking God to show me His will for me and to use me for His glory. It is not an easy thing to do, to put your pride aside, and it can be EXTREMELY scary to ask that God use you for His glory. Typically, I’m a very humble person. When you get a double blow to your gut back to back like this though, it doesn’t matter how humble you are, your pride is going to take a hit. I’ve always went to work and made money to get out of tight situations like this in the past. Now though, that’s not an option. Now my family and I need God more than ever. I’m not a fair weather Christian and I know that God will see us through this.
                          Sounds like He has you right where He wants you! And no, it’s not easy. What I understand is this is a broken world with broken people and God uses not only His people, but the unsaved as well to accomplish His will. So, rest assured, if your praying everyday and asking Him to use you for His glory and putting that out here, His will is being played out in your request and your witness.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                            Sounds like He has you right where He wants you! And no, it’s not easy. What I understand is this is a broken world with broken people and God uses not only His people, but the unsaved as well to accomplish His will. So, rest assured, if your praying everyday and asking Him to use you for His glory and putting that out here, His will is being played out in your request and your witness.
                            Yes, I agree. In the end, this speed bump in life will just add to my testimony. Satan thinks he has me where he wants me, but we all know who is really in charge.

Comment

Gods word says things of the Spirit are foolishness to those without the Spirit. Folks we are literally one heartbeat away from eternity. When you grasped that it changes your outlook. If we live long enough we may get a bad diagnosis or a terminal one. But who says your gonna be alive to see it play out, to see it get really bad. Let’s try to live like He wants us to daily, and when we fall dust ourselves off ,repent, and keep moving forward. Amen and amen.

Comment

Amen!!

Comment

Working...
                                X