Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Social Security disability canceled AND diagnosed with Parkinson’s in the same month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayer sent.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
      Since you obviously cannot work now you might see about reapplying for disability.

If social security denies my appeal(which I expect them to deny it) then I will be going this route.

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
        The only way to deal with SS concerning disability is with a lawyer that specializes in that.

DJ

Over the holiday weekend I researched local law firms. I’ll be making some phone calls today.

Comment

I thank y’all for the prayers as they are needed!!

It is tough and a pretty scary thing when your total household income is cut by 1/3 unexpectedly overnight. Not to mention a huge blow to your pride when you have to stop working.

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
            The only way to deal with SS concerning disability is with a lawyer that specializes in that.

DJ
            This.

Call Janet Booker in Dallas

Comment

Prayers up!

Comment

When I started my SSDI the lady at the SS office said that I could earn up to 1k per month without any issues from SSDI.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                  Thank you.

I got handed several of those booklets years ago. Was also told by multiple social security staff as recent as December of 2020 that if you exceed the maximum monthly income then social security would, at worst, decrease what I was receiving per month. Never had anyone ever said anything about it being stopped completely. I’m currently searching for those booklets that I was given.
                  That’s why a lawyer is so important! They state boldly that you can only have employment that totals no more than $1000/ month and they will watch you.

I’m disabled also and received my disability three yrs ago after 1.5 years of my firm staying on top of it! But my firm was very strict about it.

Comment

Thank you.

I got handed several of those booklets years ago. Was also told by multiple social security staff as recent as December of 2020 that if you exceed the maximum monthly income then social security would, at worst, decrease what I was receiving per month. Never had anyone ever said anything about it being stopped completely. I’m currently searching for those booklets that I was given.
                    That’s why a lawyer is so important! They state boldly that you can only have employment that totals no more than $1000/ month and they will watch you.

I’m disabled also and received my disability three yrs ago after 1.5 years of my firm stayed on top of it! But my firm was very strict about it.

I’m praying continued prayers for you brother!

Comment

Will be praying

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
                        Prayers for your medical issues.

Social Security had very specific rules on how much income you can make all while on disability.

Here is a link to a booklet on subject.

Good Luck with getting it all fixed.
                        Thank you.

I don't know who told you that, but I do know that SSA gives you a printed statement of the non-disability/ outside income you can make without losing the SSD. My husband got one when his disability was approved and the limit was at the time was $800. It has since changed to $1000. These are always in writing, so it is imperative that you ready everything from them very carefully.

I thank y’all for the prayers as they are needed!!

It is tough and a pretty scary thing when your total household income is cut by 1/3 unexpectedly overnight. Not to mention a huge blow to your pride when you have to stop working.
                        Yes, it is. Been there, except we lost 50% of our income. Getting a Social Security lawyer is the best route. Keep all documentation and when you re-apply or appeal answer every question with "before I could and was doing this, now I can only do this." Keep all of your doctor's appointments.

Good luck and God speed. I'll keep you in my prayers for addressing Parkinson's.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                          I don't know who told you that, but I do know that SSA gives you a printed statement of the non-disability/ outside income you can make without losing the SSD. My husband got one when his disability was approved and the limit was at the time was $800. It has since changed to $1000. These are always in writing, so it is imperative that you ready everything from them very carefully.

When I consulted an attorney prior to getting SSDI the attorney required a signature on a paper stating that 800.00 was a safe number. If you went over that they wanted you to let them know.

I decided for me that an attorney was a waste of time and money after the consultation.

Do you have any access to an advocacy that can help you with SSDI?
                          Maybe through your military background?
                          Last edited by ladrones; 07-06-2021, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Prayers up for you. My grandfather battled Parkinsons. I believe they have advanced treatment in recent years, hope and pray that is the case for you.

Comment

Prayers for you and your family.

Comment

Praying for you sir. Glad to hear you are a man of faith!

Comment

Working...
                                X