No announcement yet.

How do you shoot dove?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of good advice in here on lead and aim point, it has always seemed that is the most common way people shoot.

Mine is a little different but may help some people that struggle. I'm sure I will get picked apart for the following..

I spot shoot, and I shoot better than "most people". Usually scratch 12-15 birds with a box of shells if they are flying slow and we see that much action. Method is this- See bird, shoulder gun, aim in front of birds beak, bam. I have done it like this as long as I have shot a shotgun- since the age of like 5 smashing hoodies and woodies with my single shot 20 in SWLA. I am not a clay shooter, I am a bird hunter. I was shooting for years before I heard anybody tell me I was supposed to swing through and lead them. Oh well. Worked this long I am not changing it.

Comment

I usually miss a few, say a few expletives, then magically I figure out how to hit them. Just gotta get the right level of mad

Comment

Shoot them where they eat, not where they chit

Comment

I would suggest you buy this book https://www.shootwhereyoulook.com/ , and learn to shoot with both eyes open. i did this many years ago and it helped me a ton. also you can watch the videos from Gil Ash on YouTube, he has great tips for wing shooting.

Comment

In da face !!!!!
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X