Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of you wear low-top boots (@8') to hunt with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can always use low boots with gaiters. That combination works for me. I have some really light gaiters that help keep my feet warm and keep me dry from the knee down. When it warms up I can take them off fold them up & carry them in my pack.

Comment

Back before lowtop lace up boots were popular, all my high top boots had to have a extra piece of leather sewn into the tops to go around my calf.

Comment

My first trip to Alaska moose hunting the outfitters said hip boots were mandatory, first day I was miserable and never used them again, I used my “ camp boots “ low top rubber la cross

Comment

Originally posted by cajuntec View Post

Good looking boots. That sole isn't slippery on a tree stand? I have to use a climber where I hunt.

All the best,
          Glenn
          Good gripping abilities as it is a almost chain link style bottom sole

Very comfortable and water proof

Wear them both in TX (heat) and NM for elk on mountain slopes when wet

Comment

I normally have sneakers on when it isn’t real cold or wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Do tennis shoes count?

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Get a pair of Solomon’s and thank me later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use the LL Bean Maine hunting boots since the late 70’s. I think they are 6” and have a wool insole.

Comment

I've had these Adidas hikers since 2007.
                    5 separate trips up and down the mountain, plus 2 trips to Enchanted Rock and
                    they have been very comfortable and durable, although the soles separated from the foot this last trip.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210913_152921.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	24661935

Comment

My brother has similar issues with HUGE calves. He ended up getting a pair of neoprene knee boots that have the zipper on the side. He just doesn't zip it up all the way. The boots apparently are good enough that they fit his foot/ankle are well enough that it doesn't slip off. I'll see if I can find what they are.

Comment

Thanks you all for the replies, suggestions, pictures, etc... I decided to try a pair for this season. I'm not a fan of the lace-up boots, and although I appreciate the responses with those, I just couldn't bring myself to do it (again). I've not had good experiences with them. Decided to go with a pull on, that also has a zipper in the front. So should be easier to get into.

Just bought some Muck Boot Company Apex Mid-Zip Rubber Boots. Hope they are comfortable. If not, I can resort to the old boots until I find something else.

Thanks again.
                        All the best,
                        Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by cajuntec View Post
                          Thanks you all for the replies, suggestions, pictures, etc... I decided to try a pair for this season. I'm not a fan of the lace-up boots, and although I appreciate the responses with those, I just couldn't bring myself to do it (again). I've not had good experiences with them. Decided to go with a pull on, that also has a zipper in the front. So should be easier to get into.

Just bought some Muck Boot Company Apex Mid-Zip Rubber Boots. Hope they are comfortable. If not, I can resort to the old boots until I find something else.

Thanks again.
                          All the best,
                          Glenn
                          Good luck with the Muck boots. Have never owned any. I am in the Solomon camp when not wearing snake boots. Heck, I opt for NB running shoes (with gaiters) and Chuck Taylor All-Stars when in Africa.

Comment

Working...
                          X