Deer lease pranks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txchuck View Post
    Drop some fizzy tablets in their dry pee bottle.
    You just ain’t right

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
      Man, I am all for lease pranks, but I don't know about the ones that would ruin or at least jeopardize someone's hunt. The alarm clocks, air horns, screaming witches, etc... at someone's blind is over the line IMO. Why don't you just go walk around his stand/feeder at 7:30am while he is hunting? The best pranks are the ones that people can laugh at, not get ****** at. Hiding a deer decoy just inside the treeline, or the explicit photo on the feeder is funny, and doesn't mess up their hunt. Imagine spending all that time and $ and being all excited for what is to come, and have it all messed up by some jack-wagon because they think it is funny.

Imagine hunting with people that take hunting so serious....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Quote:
        Originally Posted by TxBowHntr View Post
        Man, I am all for lease pranks, but I don't know about the ones that would ruin or at least jeopardize someone's hunt. The alarm clocks, air horns, screaming witches, etc... at someone's blind is over the line IMO. Why don't you just go walk around his stand/feeder at 7:30am while he is hunting? The best pranks are the ones that people can laugh at, not get ****** at. Hiding a deer decoy just inside the treeline, or the explicit photo on the feeder is funny, and doesn't mess up their hunt. Imagine spending all that time and $ and being all excited for what is to come, and have it all messed up by some jack-wagon because they think it is funny.

100% the way I see it is its just a deer....the guys I prank have all killed big deer, and its just one morning or evening that a prank takes place. The laughs we get out of it last alot longer than a morning hunt would have. There are plenty of times when we are serious about killing a deer but there are also alot of times when we are getting burnt out on the long season and ready to have fun.

Comment

Years ago we often had members bring their young kids out for the weekend. When it got dark I would sneak out and set a full body deer decoy in the tall grass about 50 yards away with reflective tacks on the eyes. Inevitably when sitting around the fire one of the kids would start shining a flashlight around into the dark woods and see it - “ look, a deer!” I’d tell the kid it wouldn’t move if they held the light in its eyes. I would start making a big show of sneaking up on the deer knife in hand. I would dive and tackle it into the grass and roll around with my feet then the decoys feet sticking up in the air hollering all the while. The kids reaction was priceless! Fooled some adult guests too
          Last edited by jerp; 09-12-2021, 02:41 PM.

Comment

I’m not a violent man, but I’d be whoopin someone’s arse if they did some of these suggestions to me. I spend too much time and money getting ready for the season to have even one day ruined by a prank.

Comment

I had a friend who had a friend of his (who had a reputation for being thrifty) that asked to borrow a sleeping bag to go on a hunt in Mexico because he didn’t want to buy one just for that. My friend told him sure, but before he gave it to the guy my friend took one of his son’s teddy bears and rolled it up on the outside of the sleeping bag. They get ready for bed in a bunkhouse, his friend unrolls the sleeping bag and out flys the teddy bear before about five other guys. It took the guy awhile to live that one down.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                Years ago we often had members bring their young kids out for the weekend. When it got dark I would sneak out and set a full body deer decoy in the tall grass about 50 yards away with reflective tacks on the eyes. Inevitably when sitting around the fire one of the kids would start shining a flashlight around into the dark woods and see it - “ look, a deer!” I’d tell the kid it wouldn’t move if they held the light in its eyes. I would start making a big show of sneaking up on the deer knife in hand. I would dive and tackle it into the grass and roll around with my feet then the decoys feet sticking up in the air hollering all the while. The kids reaction was priceless! Fooled some adult guests too

This so awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  I’m not a violent man, but I’d be whoopin someone’s arse if they did some of these suggestions to me. I spend too much time and money getting ready for the season to have even one day ruined by a prank.
                  Agreed

Comment

We had a member years ago that complained that he wasn’t seeing any deer. Another member told him that if he didn’t smoke in the stand he might. Said member denied ever smoking I. The stand. The next weekend there was a smoke alarm on the ceiling of his blind painted black.

He never did admit to knowing what that screeching noise at daylight was.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post

Truth…

Comment

Years ago, the last weekend of season after everyone had killed what they wanted, we were sitting around the campfire talking about pranks.

Long story short, the next afternoon my brother went streaking down the main road as everyone was heading to their blinds. Wearing nothing but his hunting boots for about 75 yards he weaved in and out of the road (like a jack rabbit he said), then hopped on a four wheeler and hauled *** down the road.

Comment

Some of the members kids on the lease killed a racoon and had it laying under the skinning rack. While they were eating inside I tied some fishing line to it and ran it back to the campfire. After supper they were running around and every now and then they would go check on their kill. They made a round bent over to poke it with a stick and I jerked it slid about two feet. They screamed and hightailed to the the camp house. Their dads fell out their chairs laughing. We don't let those kids live it down either and they are grown adults now.

Comment

Originally posted by txchuck View Post
                            Drop some fizzy tablets in their dry pee bottle.

Comment

I agree 100%. We don’t get that many days to hunt overall so every sit counts. I’d be furious if someone ruined that over a prank. There’s plenty stuff that can be done at camp that’s hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by FruitCityHunter View Post
                                Some of the members kids on the lease killed a racoon and had it laying under the skinning rack. While they were eating inside I tied some fishing line to it and ran it back to the campfire. After supper they were running around and every now and then they would go check on their kill. They made a round bent over to poke it with a stick and I jerked it slid about two feet. They screamed and hightailed to the the camp house. Their dads fell out their chairs laughing. We don't let those kids live it down either and they are grown adults now.

This is great!!

Comment

Working...
                                X