TPWD Draw Hunts and Non-residents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wytex View Post
    Update on Wyoming NR bill, it failed in committee.
    However, Sy made it clear the outfitters association wants $1400 regular elk tags and $2000 in the special draw. Remember that when you are looking for a Wyoming elk hunt.
    Wow. That is quite the expensive elk tag!

Comment

Originally posted by Yak blue View Post
      I remember reading about that somewhere. Curious what the restitution was on that citation.
      $100 a month for next 30-40 years. Something ridiculous like that if I remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
        Two years?!? I went 8! LOL.... yet I can draw every year in Colorado somehow, and every year in Wyoming if I rotate species.

I'd put money on that "hunter" knowing exactly what he shot and trying to use Aoudad as an excuse after getting caught.
        Nope. Had it hanging on skinning rack in town til someone told him that wasn’t an aoudad. Doubt he is much of a hunter. That being said, most people that have never seen either would probably have a hard time differentiating when animal is running across mountain side.

Comment

lol **** that's crazy

Comment

Here’s what I wrote.

1) I do not like that non residents have the same draw odds as residents. Every other state in the nation allocated more tags for residents than non residents.
            2) I believe that non residents should have to purchase a valid hunting license to be able to apply to the draw. This would be similar to having to buy the APH to apply to the e postcard hunts
            3) I believe more hunts should be offered in more WMA and refuges. I know of many that are not hunted and could very easily support draw hunts. This would increase revenue and increase draw odds.
            4) I would like to see the option to purchase a preference point.
            5) I would like to see a point guard type system that you can purchase that would allow you to turn in your tag if drawn one time per hunt category. Arizona has such a system. It would increase revenue and help hunters that can not make that specific date. You could charge $15-20 per year per category. Once you use the point guard, you cannot use it again until you draw in that category and your points return to zero.
            6) I would like to see more standby hunts offered.
            7) it would be nice to have the option to draw with more than 4 people total per application.

Comment

Originally posted by osochuck View Post
              So why let some out of stater come hunt, when there are plenty of locals who ain’t getting picked...nope take care of us first!

I am biased, skunked 2 years in a row on the drawing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Lol, saddle up... I'm double digits in most categories and the least amount of points I have is 9 but it's a cheap raffle ticket for what can be good hunts (so i hear)

I do think NR should be excluded from some of the hunts like big horn and mule deer since it's such a limited opportunity here and limit the amount of NR that can draw in a category like western states do

Comment

Something to think about, if Texas were to allocate let's say 95% of drawn tags to residents like some of you are thinking then it would guarantee 5% of tags go to nonresidents. I'm not sure that's what we want as I doubt there's any NR's who put in for a lot of these hunts and with the way the odds work I'm not sure we want to guarantee any tags go to NR's.

Comment

Are we raging on a survey that was geared towards feedback on the online portal that allows you to enter draw hunts?

Dear Public Hunter,

In an effort to evaluate our Public Hunt Draw System, we are conducting a survey to determine how you think the online Public Hunt Draw Application System did this season.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                    Are we raging on a survey that was geared towards feedback on the online portal that allows you to enter draw hunts?

Dear Public Hunter,

In an effort to evaluate our Public Hunt Draw System, we are conducting a survey to determine how you think the online Public Hunt Draw Application System did this season.

The very last “question” allows for comments on the entire program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                      Requiring some one to buy a small game licenses isn’t got to effect applications

I spend $45 plus CC interest every year in idaho just to put in for a moose tag with lessor draw odds then most our deer hunts
                      I think you are going to have to start buying the $264 non res hunting license as well, or is that refunded to you if unsuccessful?

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                        Update on Wyoming NR bill, it failed in committee.
                        However, Sy made it clear the outfitters association wants $1400 regular elk tags and $2000 in the special draw. Remember that when you are looking for a Wyoming elk hunt.
                        Would love to hear their reasoning on why. Outfitters are extremely expensive in Wyoming as it is. I’m still building points.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                          Something to think about, if Texas were to allocate let's say 95% of drawn tags to residents like some of you are thinking then it would guarantee 5% of tags go to nonresidents. I'm not sure that's what we want as I doubt there's any NR's who put in for a lot of these hunts and with the way the odds work I'm not sure we want to guarantee any tags go to NR's.
                          This. Y’all want to be careful how you word it. Or they will say 90% residents 10% nonresidents guaranteeing them tags. Should be something like no more than 5% of tags can go to nonresidents. And none can be drawn if there are fewer that x numbers of tags. Or must buy license to apply.

Comment

Originally posted by wtx223 View Post
                            $100 a month for next 30-40 years. Something ridiculous like that if I remember correctly.
                            Thats about what Mr. 278 paid, not sure they put him on that generous of a payment plan

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                              I think you are going to have to start buying the $264 non res hunting license as well, or is that refunded to you if unsuccessful?

If so I’m out of Idaho going forward. I hunt Idaho about every three years on OTC archery elk and deer.

Epic does my applications, I’ll call this morning and ask

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                                Would love to hear their reasoning on why. Outfitters are extremely expensive in Wyoming as it is. I’m still building points.
                                Increase draw odds for clients and lower point creep. Essentially pricing a % NR DIY guy out

It’s like the outfitter pool in NM.
                                Last edited by Texans42; 03-05-2021, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X