Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frogs picked up a commitment from a 4 star OL today. Welcomed surprise. I know BoB, this is not the recruiting thread But any good news these days is only thing I can hang my hat on...

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      What if the HC is the issue? It sure seems to be. OC? Isn't Herman calling the plays?
      Then he will get fired and they hire a new one. I think Herman needs to give up control of the offense and hire a capable OC. This would free him up to be the HFC and allow him to oversee the whole program (Defense, Special Teams, etc). He wasn't supposed to be calling plays, but the lack of offense lead him to that. He should have made changes to the OC before it got to this point. The book is out on Herman and his staff is to weak to make adjustments.

Originally posted by Casey View Post
      I can't believe Tom Herman is getting a pass on here from some of the horns. What about this says he's not culpable? What did he have to say about being out coached after Baylor given he proclaimed he wasn't out coached after ISU?

Herman came back and clarified his statements saying that anytime you get beat, you got out coached. After Baylor, he said the buck stops with him and he had done a poor job. I never take what coaches say to the media to heart as most of it is fluff or coach speak.

I am not giving him a pass. I am not ready to fire him and move on (unless there is a stud HFC out there ready to step in and there is only one available, but I am not sure Texas can get approval to hire him) if he makes substantial changes to his staff. I read that Alabama had 5 coaches in 10 years before Saban, so you just have to find the right guy and there is no exact science to it.

Comment

Clarified is one word you could use... changed is another.
        Both are usually used under pressure.

Comment

For the first time in a while the offense is the liability. We aren't gonna be able to score with LSU, I think they win by 17 or more. Hope I'm wrong but most of the time I'm right!

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
            I can't believe Tom Herman is getting a pass on here from some of the horns. What about this says he's not culpable? What did he have to say about being out coached after Baylor given he proclaimed he wasn't out coached after ISU?

I think the Ags will hang with LSU this weekend. LSU is good, though.

Here is an excerpt from an email from a co-worker whose daughter is an athletic trainer at Alabama. He attended the Bama A&M game while he was in Texas for some meetings:

Apathy......again.

Call me when it's fixed, Saturdays in the fall are too valuable to waste.

Comment

Wrong thread.. tappycrap error

Comment

I'm beyond ******. He get's one more year. Anything less than a legitimate 10 win regular season and he should be ran out of town. That head butting thing was retarded. His own players were looking at him like he had lost his mind.

Comment

LSU fans like Saints fans can be and are usually very hospitable. Rub them the wrong way and the fangs will come out. It will not take much Saturday for the latter. Many like myself have had this one circled on the calendar since the clock hit zero last season. Even more-so than the Bama game. Not so sure I would try to crash any Tiger tailgate parties wearing ATM gear
                  Last edited by Bayouboy; 11-25-2019, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                      LSU fans like Saints fans can be and are usually very hospitable. Rub them the wrong way and the fangs will come out. It will not take much Saturday for the latter. Many like myself have had this one circled on the calendar since the clock hit zero last season. Even more-so than the Bama game. Not so sure I would try to crash any Tiger tailgate parties wearing ATM gear
                      I think the rubbing has already been done.

And I'm sure they all have a 'special' pot of gumbo for anybody in maroon.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                        The Aggie corps might want to bring their wooden guns to the game for protection. This one will get ugly. Joe B will be ****** off....

Why would Burrow be ******? Shouldn’t he be focused on a natty at this point? I mean last year wasn’t his fault. He put up 72 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                          Texas opened at -9, they'll win at home to go 7-5. Exactly where the analytics had them pegged to finish.

So you are content with analytics? Surely nobody saw a dog fight to prevent going 6-6. If an Aggie said this y’all would never live it down [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            I'm beyond ******. He get's one more year. Anything less than a legitimate 10 win regular season and he should be ran out of town. That head butting thing was retarded. His own players were looking at him like he had lost his mind.
                            No doubt. His leash is short next year and I agree its probably 10 wins. He is either going to have to cut his buddies loose or he's going down in the ship with him. I have zero confidence in this coaching staff as it exist today.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                              Why would Burrow be ******? Shouldn’t he be focused on a natty at this point? I mean last year wasn’t his fault. He put up 72 points.

Could it be the melee after the game and some of very questionable calls? Just maybe?

Comment

Buckeyes fell off a little bit after coming out on fire in the first half - Chase Young is the best player in the country by a fairly large margin.

Texas has a Coach. They're just not that good. Haven't been in a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X