Everything stock tank/pond thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
    Beautiful place! Mind telling me who built your dock?
    Unfortunantly it was my now deceased friend in pic 5 & 6.

Comment

Beautiful place Tbar!

Comment

Tbar what are those plants you have planted in the water?

Comment

Yesterday afternoon I finally got the keys to several private gravel lakes. Since I will be the only one fishing them and they havent been fished in 10 years atleast, I look forward to see if I can grow some big fish like you guys do. They range from 200-1000 acres of water.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
            Tbar what are those plants you have planted in the water?
            I didn't plant it.......its Bulrush.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenJ View Post
              He gave you a compliment man, and you got big pond or a little lake that size could go either way.

I grew up in Texas - when I was a kid we fished stock tanks period.

So if I call a body of water a tank, a pond, or a lake it is all the same to me.

Just like a bluegill is a perch and a perch is a bluegill.

So no disrespect intended - I was trying to complement you on your body of water - nothing more nothing less

Comment

Don't do like someone I know did and make the dam way too steep or tall. Makes fishing and driving on it a pain and causes it to erode more.

Comment

When I bought this property in 2010 it had a silted in stock tank that dried up in the summer. No big deal, I’d just take my little John Deere and move as much dirt as could. Over time I turned it into a nice pond and stocked it with minnows, bluegill, redears, bass. Then later, some channel catfish from Fishndude.
                  Summer 2018, all of the shallows (1/2 the pond) dried up. So I rented an excavator with a 3 ft bucket for a 3 day weekend.

View from my back deck before excavation.

During excavation

After excavation

Today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow.........Nice!

Comment

Love the pics!

Comment

Any one got a trick for beavers?
                        I Can't be there every day or weekend.

Comment

Have a few projects planned for our small pond. Slightly under an acre, built by my grandfather in the 50's. Put in two new brush piles last year that the fish are utilizing like crazy. It's cool to see tons of forage fish inside the thick stuff and bass right outside.

Planning to build a few pvc structures and break out the scuba gear to place them in the deeper end of the pond. Also, will add some tilapia and try to see how many bass to pull out. Had a fungal issue over the past few months that killed at least 20 fish, not sure how many did not surface.

Comment

Just closed on a new property with a ~15 acre lake (old gravel pit). Thanks Chance Love for all your help.

Here are a few pics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Squeezed in a little fishing at the GAP Ranch Sunday. These are the only type fish I see in here so far. I call them perch but I don’t really know what they are. Click image for larger version

Name:	E9B2B40D-1D10-411E-B4C4-A473275A1521.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	24576518

Click image for larger version

Name:	47062153-291C-4686-ABE6-D4257AB42FAB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	24576519

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                                Squeezed in a little fishing at the GAP Ranch Sunday. These are the only type fish I see in here so far. I call them perch but I don’t really know what they are. [ATTACH]953958[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]953959[/ATTACH]
                                If i am not mistaken, those are green perch AKA rock bass or Goggle-eye. They are ferocious predators and will tear up your bait population. Fun on a fly rod, but wreak havoc on smaller ponds and lakes

Comment

Working...
                                X