Everything stock tank/pond thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
    **** Brandon...thanks for all the advice. Hope you didn’t overwhelm yourself with all the typing

It’s a gorgeous tank with some decent size healthy bass and crappie. Why would I need to kill it?
    PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
      When compared to the amount of lime and or chemicals needed to change a 5 acre lake....Hay is a bargain
      My cows haven’t complained.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
        I have a little 1/2 acre pond on my place with a windmill powered aerator (currently not pumping air. I don't know why) I've only seen what folks describe as "google eyes" come out of it.
        It's not really my hobby but I'd like to be able to have eating size fish to catch. I was thinking maybe tilapia because they are very heat tolerant.

We have this windmill and it pumps air like crazy. We had trouble at first because we did not have the right hose. Now we had a tornado run through the property and it ripped the head off. Still need to get around to fixing that.

Comment

**** Brandon...thanks for all the advice. Hope you didn’t overwhelm yourself with all the typing

It’s a gorgeous tank with some decent size healthy bass and crappie. Why would I need to kill it?
          If you have that many stunted fish it’s hard to catch up. If you don’t want to kill remove every 1.5 lb or smaller. Toss them in a cooler and on the bank whatever . This year our cull line is 15” or less and anything that is over 15” and not 2lbs. But we have 15acres with max depth touching 40+ft. My goal is to someday be culling 4lb Bass
          Last edited by BrandonA; 03-20-2019, 05:22 PM.

Comment

If you have that many stunted fish it’s hard to catch up. And what is decent?
            I never mentioned having stunted bass. My understanding of stunted fish are bigger heads with smaller thinner bodies. The blacks we catch are all proportionate size IMO. By decent size I mean we’ve caught several 3.5-4# fish with the biggest being closer to 4.5 I’d say. My only complaint is that there seems to be a bunch....too many small ones. I think I could impose a slot on them and have better results.

Comment

If you have that many stunted fish it’s hard to catch up. If you don’t want to kill remove every 1.5 lb or smaller. Toss them in a cooler and on the bank whatever . This year our cull line is 15” or less and anything that is over 15” and not 2lbs. But we have 15acres with max depth touching 40+ft. My goal is to someday be culling 4lb Bass
              Bless your little heart

Comment

Bless your little heart
                Sounds extreme and selfish I guess but I want my friends, family and myself to come out and have a legit chance at catching a 10+ lb fish. That’s a trophy of a lifetime in the Pickle world. I want to provide a realistic chance. To do that I have to raise the bar on all

Comment

Sounds extreme and selfish I guess but I want my friends, family and myself to come out and have a legit chance at catching a 10+ lb fish. That’s a trophy of a lifetime in the Pickle world. I want to provide a realistic chance. To do that I have to raise the bar on all
                  You appear to have a great pond and doing things right - for most people catching a 4 lb bass is one of a lifetime so if you are producing a chance at 6-10 lb bass then that is very cool

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
                    You appear to have a great pond and doing things right - for most people catching a 4 lb bass is one of a lifetime so if you are producing a chance at 6-10 lb bass then that is very cool
                    I don’t have a pond I have a 15acre lake

Comment

I don’t have a pond I have a 15acre lake
                      He gave you a compliment man, and you got big pond or a little lake that size could go either way.

Comment

How many fish a year would you take out of a 2 acre lake with a fairly high population. We take everything under 14 -15 inches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post

Thats a pretty place you got

Comment

Those green sunfish will do more damage on your minnows than your 10 bass.
                              That is something that I have learned recently. Now, I am aiming to catch them and clean them out of any body of water I fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post

Beautiful place! Mind telling me who built your dock?

Comment

Working...
                                X