Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayweather-Mcgregor Aug 26

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
    the incentive is on the next fight after you win you can control the lions share of the purse

it's all marketing

if i were to fight floyd why would he give me the chance to win $100M when he is the one that is responsible for bringing the 2.9M pay per view viewers to the table

no one would pay to see me fight

they are payin to see floyd fight

so floyd gets the biggest cut of the check

Floyd is an astute businessman...dude knows how to make cash.

He's a more astute a-hole though.

Comment

Mayweather ain't knocking anybody out, but he'll probably win by decision.

I cannot wait to see as this ramps up, the amount of trash talk going on is going to black out the sun. Got my popcorn ready!

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
        I would be willing to bet that there are more people wanting to see McGregor fight. He has two countries behind him.
        Correct. Boxing is a dead sport and boring as hell, I'm watching for the trash talk and McGregor.

Comment

Mayweather will destroy McGregor in a boxing match. He will only box him for that reason. If it was a actual fight, mayweather knows he doesn't stand a chance.

Comment

Couple of things. You cannot compare amateur boxing experience to Mayweather. The fight will most likely be at 145 lbs. due to Mayweather's demands. This will play to more of a natural weight for Mayweather and McGregor will be more drained at this weight. McGregor has shown to gas in a 5 round MMA fight, he will surely gas chasing Mayweather around a big square ring that is Mayweather's home. The boxing gloves will negate a considerable amount of McGregor's power and stamina. Mayweather is an extremely intelligent boxer and he will no doubt fight his fight as he always does.

Realistically, McGregor has the same punchers chance that all of Mayweather's previous opponents had, but these were lifelong professionally trained boxers and none of them ever put Floyd in trouble. Quite honestly, McGregor doesn't beat any of the top 10 ranked boxers in his weight class. My bet is that McGregor gases and Floyd cruises to an easy victory...Of course, I have been wrong before.

Comment

I know Mayweather is passed his prime, but this was the greatest pound for pound boxer in the world. McGregor might be good but the list of truly great fighters this guy has beat is insane. I can't see him winning a round unless he hits the five finger death punch.

That being said, he's got nothing to lose. If Floyd wins, he lost to the greatest pound for pound boxer. No shame and set financially for life.
              Exactly right. Floyd is a boxing machine.

I hate Mayweather, he's a cocky SOB and I hope McGregor knocks him silly.
              I guess it's natural for those lacking his skills to be jealous of the man and to wish for him to lose. I'm hoping he goes undefeated in 50 fights.

The thing McGregor has going for him is that Mayweather has no power and no threat of a knockout. McGregor won't have to worry about defense he can come in swinging.
              No power? So go get him tough guy LOL!

Comment

We'll see if mayweather can scramble around corner to corner and stay upright the whole time. I'm afraid it may be more like dancing with the stars like a lot of mayweatger fights.

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                  When has Mayweather destroyed anybody. He is a defensive fighter who punches for points. It wins, but i doesnt threaten many ppl.

If Mcgregor can make contact, i think he has a shot

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                  We'll see if mayweather can scramble around corner to corner and stay upright the whole time. I'm afraid it may be more like dancing with the stars like a lot of mayweatger fights.
                  Yes!

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                    Exactly right. Floyd is a boxing machine.

I guess it's natural for those lacking his skills to be jealous of the man and to wish for him to lose. I'm hoping he goes undefeated in 50 fights.

No power? So go get him tough guy LOL!

It's not jealousy of his God given abilities, it's the way he acts. It's probably his "on camera" persona, but it's the way he acts. He's not the only one and there are a bunch I would like to see KO'd.

I know people talk about his boxing style but the man is one of the greatest boxers to ever get in the ring. I don't care about the age difference. Floyd is a different level fighter and having an successful amateur boxing career and striking in the MMA is a totally different animal than boxing Floyd Mayweather. This guys list of victims is a whose who of his weight class.

Kinda like CM Punk learning you can't just jump into MMA...you cannot challenge a world champion at their game without having a career if it.

If it was MMA rules, the McGregor KOs Floyd in the 1st round. It's not so I think this is going to be ugly and one sided UNLESS Mayweather goes Tyson before the Douglas fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                      This. McGregor doesn't have to worry about getting knocked out with the gloves they will be wearing. If he can keep his wind he can whip on Floyd. Bottom line is he probably doesn't care if he wins or loses.....he's a business genius. He's gonna get $100M.

I'll fight the 1990 Mike Tyson right now for $100,000. He won't kill me and I won't win but I'll have a new F250 tricked out tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      How cool would it be if Mcgregor kicked him, broke him down,and put him in a choke hold the last round!lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

In a real MMA fight, Mayweather loses and gets his smirk smacked off his face. In an MMA fight, Mayweather goes home with his tail between his legs.

Comment

In a real MMA fight, Mayweather loses and gets his smirk smacked off his face. In an MMA fight, Mayweather goes home with his tail between his legs.

Comment

Originally posted by More Liberty View Post
                            Yup.
                            Agree with this.
                            But this is pure boxing so Connor is at a severe disadvantage just like Rousey was.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                              I would be willing to bet that there are more people wanting to see McGregor fight. He has two countries behind him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

How much do you want to bet?
                              You know this is quantifiable and verifiable by numerous different sources, right?

Nevermind.
                              Check Connors ppv numbers then check Floyd's ppl numbers.
                              They aren't even in the same ballpark.
                              You're talking Little League vs The Astros here

Comment

I don't think Mayweather is stupid enough to take a fight he could lose. It will be one-sided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X