No announcement yet.

Leupold VX5hd or Vortex LHT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One should never mention Leupold and Vortex in the same sentence.
    Vortex will never be in the same league with Leupold. Ever!

Comment

whats 7 more oz's!! trijicon credo better glass than both and around the same street price!

Comment

VX5 HD Have one of these and a vx6hd. Very high quality optics

Comment

Im a Leupold guy but have a Vortex Razor LHT and it is a great scope. Crystal clear glass and im very pleased. Would have no issues purchasing again.

Comment

well between the 2 ... leupold hands down ... illumination on the vortex sucks at night. had a 2.5-10 viper pst .. sold it .. at 170 and 290, see a pig at feeder (i have led lights at feeder) , can't see mil dot, turn on lowest setting , see crosshair , buit no longer can see the pig ...blooming effect was just terrible.

sold it and bought a trijicon accupoint 2.5-10x56 ! best budget night scope ever! and day scope illumination too ... only con is moa covered turrets , so got to take scope cap off and dial in 4 clicks for my 170 yard and 16 clicks for my 290 yards night time shooting solutions.

only long range scope i've seen worth a flip as far as illumination at night long range is a schmidt and bender with the tremor 3 illuminated reticle .. that's serious optic at a serious price

there may be others, but that the only one i've personally seen and liked

Comment

Another option is a Sig Whiskey 5. I have the discontinued 25x model with the hellfire illuminated reticle and it is very visible night or day even with my bad eyes. Closest thing I have ever found to a Leupold in quality and clearness. Great eye relief at almost 4" that doesn't shrink when you crank up the power.
              I think 15x is the most magnification they offer now in the Whiskey 5 model. https://www.sigsauer.com/electro-opt...tml?model=1657

Comment

Thanks for all the input, I'm personally not a huge fan of Vortex, but for this application it's a viable option with better reticle options than the vx5hd when you get to holding wind. Hate to hear the illumination isn't up to par though...

My favorite scope is the Swarovski with the illuminated 4w reticle dot in the middle, but it's too nice of a scope for this rig.

I may look into the VX6hd with the illuminated tmoa. But at that price, I could almost have the above mentioned Swarovski...decisions, decisions

Comment

Not illuminated but they offer an all mil vx5. HTMR reticle with mil turrets.

Comment

Those comparing a Leupold VX5 to a Vortex Viper, of course the Leupold hands down. But curious if the majority of experience on here is with Viper line or Razor line bc the Razor i have is great. Right up there with my Mark 4, VX5 etc, The Viper, even the more expensive ones like the PST, are night and day in glass compared to the Razor line, from my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                      Those comparing a Leupold VX5 to a Vortex Viper, of course the Leupold hands down. But curious if the majority of experience on here is with Viper line or Razor line bc the Razor i have is great. Right up there with my Mark 4, VX5 etc, The Viper, even the more expensive ones like the PST, are night and day in glass compared to the Razor line, from my experience.
                      So I have 2 VX6HD and 2 Razor LHT. The Leupold is brighter to me, but its a tie on crispness.

We had 4 couples at the house, the men all hunt and the women none hunt. All 4 men choose the Leupold and all 4 women choose the Razor. Even when we tried to ask them about brightness and crispness they all stuck with the Vortex.

Comment

Haha, that’s a cool real life study in optics quality! If the illumination on the LHT can be used at dusk or night I’m going that route - probably will have to go find one and look through it.

Comment

Originally posted by cb4128 View Post
                          Haha, that’s a cool real life study in optics quality! If the illumination on the LHT can be used at dusk or night I’m going that route - probably will have to go find one and look through it.
                          I'm in Weatherford if you out this way we can meet up and let you look through mine. It's mounted on a rifle so a more realistic feel to see if you like or not. Plus we can look 2-300yds at my house and wait till dusk/dark to check out illumination

Comment

I had a LHT and sold it pretty quick. Didn't care for the glass and it didn't do well in low light. Bought a VX5HD with the funds and I love it. That VX5HD is a way way better scope imo

Comment

Working...
                            X