No announcement yet.

Lost a great one last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a truly great man!! Prayers up for you and your family.

Comment

Prayers for comfort, sorry for your loss my friend..

Comment

Sorry for your loss.

Comment

Sounds like a wonderful man. RIP. prayers sent for comfort for friends and family.

Comment

So sorry for your loss. I have an amazing father in law myself and I'd be lost without him. Prayers sent for all.

Comment

Sorry for your loss.

Comment

Prayers Up for Everyone ...

Comment

Man...when I check out I hope somebody writes something like that for me. That was good stuff. What a good man. I'm sure your extended family will miss him like crazy. Prayers sent for everyone who knew this good human being.

Comment

Very sorry for your loss......

Comment

Sounds like a great man! Sorry for your loss. If God led you to it, He will lead you through it. Prayers sent for you and yours.

Comment

What a great tribute. You are one lucky man. God had a plan when he put that man in your life. RIP, sir.

Comment

My condolences

Comment

Sorry for your loss

Comment

Sounds like a very special man, prayers up for you and your family.

Comment

Once again so many thanks for the kind words. You guys are very correct in saying I am truly blessed.

Two stories and then I promise I'll let the thread die! LOL. First one happened at church yesterday morning-his church. Because it was his Sunday ritual to be in the back pew with about five other "regulars" we decided to go in his stead. Now mind you several of his granddaughters who live close went with him almost every Sunday but we live out of town and my family wanted to go as well. Now you have already read of how he passed while the preacher was saying his final prayer so I won't rehash that but it is important to the story. When the preacher sees us filing in he makes his way over and gives condolences and says how proud David would be that we were there. Fast forward to the sermon for the day. It's titled there in the program and that is how he starts it but somewhere a minute or two into it he starts wavering and kind of losing focus. Long story short is he decided right then and there to change the focus of the sermon to my FIL and his commitment to his church and how that beautiful event of his passing took place. This is a LARGE church with a large congregation-although admittedly with the time change and spring break combo the attendance was relatively light. There was not a dry eye left by the time he finished-including the pastor himself. He told us afterwards he had never had that happen to him before. It was a wonderful experience.

Second and last story involves my FIL's business-Seatex Corp. out of Rosenberg. Pretty large company of over 200 employees. Once again background was given in my original post so no need for that. Yesterday, the CEO of the company and a long time secretary bring masses of food over to my in-laws house. During the course of the conversations that followed, it comes up that my FIL had not only paid for several employees weddings over the years but had also given away several brides who did not have father figures. I knew of one but did not realize that there had been multiples. The list of other charitable acts were mind boggling and made me realize just exactly why he had the impact he did on my life. The CEO also said that on Saturday he had gone to the plant to pick up some paperwork and the weekend crew had lowered the Seatex flag to half staff. No one directed them to and he said he has no idea who did it, it was just done!

Comment

Working...
                                X