Vinyl Plank or Engineered Hardwood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
    Getting ready to slap some new floors down. Can’t decide between the two. I just can’t get past the cheaper look of the vinyl plank, but maybe it’s hard to see the whole picture with the 2x2 samples.
    I went with lifeproof Vinyl in my first house two years ago. Not the cheapest stuff but I loved it, held up really well.

-Jack

Comment

We are headed toward vinyl plank ourselves with future labs and everything we have looked at at several friends' houses looks great.....even after several years. I helped another buddy lay his entire house last month. It had the black padding and locked in great. Like above I have had to double take when first seeing them to make sure its not wood. I like the waterproof aspect as well.

What are we calling higher ended stuff fellas? I'm seeing $3.25-$4 square foot for the stuff that is back padded.

Comment

Originally posted by IOWA BOW HUNTER View Post
        I went with lifeproof Vinyl in my first house two years ago. Not the cheapest stuff but I loved it, held up really well.

-Jack

This is what we laid down last month at my buddy's place. Lifeproof Rigid Core. I liked it.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            This is what we laid down last month at my buddy's place. Lifeproof Rigid Core. I liked it.

Ya, I was skeptical at first but it turn out really well. I have a big dog that runs around inside and the floor hasnt been beat up by him at all since I installed it two years ago. I sweep and mop it weekly and that hasnt even seemed to effect the shine on it yet. I didnt want to shell out to much money for wood floors just because it will be used as a rental in the future.
            Last edited by IOWA BOW HUNTER; 06-11-2021, 07:36 AM.

Comment

I hate our engineered floors, water destroys them in kitchen and never again will I go with dark floors living in the country

Comment

We just replaced flooring in my entire house due to freeze damage. Our bedrooms had carpet, but the rest was already vinyl plank that was 21 years old. The 21 year old flooring was indestructible to kids and dogs. We went with Ascension brand and a darker color. Did the whole house cheaper than what we could have replaced the carpet.

Comment

whats the price to have a decent vinyl plank flooring installed. material and labor 2000 sq ft

Comment

We are looking at replacing all our flooring that’s currently engineered hardwood to ceramic with the wood look. We have pets that scratch the current engineered wood. Why should i consider something like the “Lifeproof” vinyl over the ceramic?

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
                      whats the price to have a decent vinyl plank flooring installed. material and labor 2000 sq ft
                      8mm NuCore Deerfield Hickory Rigid Core Luxury Vinyl Plank - Cork Back looks and feels like wood and tile, but can be installed where real wood cannot. With quick an

I installed it myself but I do have a floor guy that'll do it for $1.50 a square foot. This stuff if very comfortable and quiet to walk on.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                        We are looking at replacing all our flooring that’s currently engineered hardwood to ceramic with the wood look. We have pets that scratch the current engineered wood. Why should i consider something like the “Lifeproof” vinyl over the ceramic?
                        8mm NuCore Deerfield Hickory Rigid Core Luxury Vinyl Plank - Cork Back looks and feels like wood and tile, but can be installed where real wood cannot. With quick an

I recently installed this for the second time (new house) and we have a pool and dogs and have never had any issues.

Comment

you just put new base boards down or did you use the molding for around the walls.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post

Cost would be about the only reason I could think of... We have Ceramic wood pattern tile in the floor of our main house... Stuff is flat indestructible! With the dogs and grandkids seemingly out to destroy any floor, they've not had one sign of damage to it... I have a few extra tiles in case one were to ever get damaged/broken, but the floor was put down in 2000, and it still looks like it did the day it was put down.

Having said that, if you drop anything that is breakable on it... It's a goner... That tile does not give even a little bit! Wife has lost a couple pieces of irreplaceable depression glass from her mom and grandmother... Bad days it the house when that happens...

I have begun a remodel of my office/man-cave and it will most likely have the LVP padded stuff in it though...

Comment

We went with the LVP after a friend had it done. Would never go back to hardwood or laminate and we hate carpet aka filth containment fabric. If you have heavy furniture, kids/grand kids or pets its a no brainer and cant visually tell the difference. Ours is textured grain also. The tile will put a hurt on your feet after a while if you like to barefoot or just socks. My parents went all ceramic and developed plantars facsitis sp??

Last edited by Ætheling; 07-19-2022, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                                We went with the LVP after a friend had it done. Would never go back to hardwood or laminate and we hate carpet aka filth containment fabric. If you have heavy furniture, kids/grand kids or pets its a no brainer and cant visually tell the difference. Ours is textured grain also. The tile will put a hurt on your feet after a while if you like to barefoot or just socks
                                Our experience is same. All I will use now, with possible exception of carpet in bedrooms. I've put it in at least six houses counting rentals and homes I lived in. Wouldn't consider anything else.

Comment

Working...
                                X