X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too cool!!!
    thanks for bringing us along

Comment

We’ve made our way over to Grand Lake via the Trail Ridge rd. Made some stops for landscape photos no wildlife spotted on the drive over though.

We’re currently awaiting our orders at Squeaky B’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well...guess I’ll shut up
        Last edited by oneisnone; 09-19-2020, 01:01 PM. Reason: Slow typer

Comment

Keep the pics coming

Comment

Live hunt: Rocky Mountain National Park

Today was full of highs and some very deep lows. Started out in Moraine Park again, it was going great then somehow I dropped my 1DXii and 500 f4.

The 500mm is okay, the collar has a slight bend in one of the pieces and wiggles a tad when connected to a camera body but still focuses and turns out sharp photos.

I am upset about the 1DX though. I’ll be sending it in to Canon this week.

After I licked my wounds I pulled out my 5DSr and got back in the game.

We drove Trail Ridge rd. all the way to Grand Lake, no wildlife on the way there or back. We did visit Adams Falls which was awesome and we climbed like Mtn. Goats to get what I believe will be some banger photos.

Then we hit up Sprague Lake and Bear Lake for evening photos.

Bear Lake

Afterwards we had dinner in Estes Park.

Bison Ribeye and photo dump.

Edited photos will have to wait, we spent a lot of time hiking at elevation and with no time to acclimatize we’re both whipped. Heading to Bear Lake in the morning before heading home.

Last edited by chongo; 09-19-2020, 09:17 PM.

Comment

I love RMNP. Haven't been there in over 20 years. Thanks for posting this thread

Comment

Is Fall River rd shut down for the season?

Comment

I know that would make me sick

Hopefully the folks at Canon can fix it up

Comment

beautiful country

Comment

Originally posted by kerrbow View Post
                      Is Fall River rd shut down for the season?

I don’t think so, but I’d check the website to confirm.

Closed out the trip this morning with sunrise shots at sprague lake. Finally had some decent clouds for contrast and no smoke/haze. The moose that had been stopping by the past few mornings did not show, but we did have a small herd of elk make their way down to the lake and hangout about 15-20 feet from where we were setup. Crazy experience watching the bull bugle and thrash the brush that close.
                      (Crappy iPhone pic)

Stopped in Boulder now for breakfast, then it’s hammer down back to DFW and work tomorrow. This has been an amazing trip, short but sweet, now it’s time to review photos and come up with a plan for the next trip out. Thanks for tuning in, will be posting some more pics here once we start the editing process!

Comment

Huge bummer about the 1DX. Love that bugling bull shot. Ready to see what else you guys got into.

Comment

Small lake in a meadow on the West Side of the park

Comment

Super cool. Awesome trip

Comment

Awesome, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
                                Huge bummer about the 1DX. Love that bugling bull shot. Ready to see what else you guys got into.
                                Yes sir, it still hurts. But, everything seems to function, I'm hopeful it's just the mount. But, it'll get checked out and fixed.

We're on the last leg of the trip home. Sam is driving and I've been culling photos. Shot roughly 2500 photos this weekend and have gotten down to a couple hundred. Will get more picky over the next couple weeks with which ones I keep vs trash.

I took this photo Saturday morning in Moraine Park. I've never had the opportunity to hear elk bugle and for one to bugle within 10 yards of you is an amazing experience. If you ever get the chance to visit RMNP during the rut, do it!

RMNP Bull Elk by Chris Jeans, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X