**LIVE Colorado Elk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
    His buddy isn't having a good day. 3 blown tires on his trailer, torn wires and a hole in the floor. Man it's been rough for both of them so far.
    I am going to guess those tires are old

Look good to the eye but weathered and brittle

Blew one out rolling downhill into Colorado Springs one summer on mine, did about 5k worth of damage to the trailer

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

Blew one out rolling downhill into Colorado Springs one summer on mine, did about 5k worth of damage to the trailer
      He said they were a year old.

Comment

Set up 125 yards up a funnel where there major trails join up to hit the water hole
        Attached Files

Comment

If he was driving 85 pulling the trailer like his buddy it’s no surprise they blew out.

Good luck to your buddies!

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
            He said they were a year old.
            I would be talking to whoever sold me those tires

IF he was dragging that trailer along at 85, then he probably should let it go

Comment

I would be talking to whoever sold me those tires

IF he was dragging that trailer along at 85, then he probably should let it go
              The problem with those belted tires is if they sit all year without moving especially in Texas heat the majority of time they will fail. Best thing to do is take them off the vehicle and just put rims back on or put trailer on blocks. Will save a big headache in the long run.

Comment

cool thread, minus the issues

Comment

Still nothing on the ground yet. Said most hunters have left and hopefully game starts to calm down. Seeing some elk off in the distance but nothing close yet. Mule Deer everywhere.

Comment

Current setup
                    Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a heck of a spot....good luck to him

Comment

Update from Steve:

Woooooo hoooo it's heating up I called in 3 bulls that had two cows in the group got winded. But the 6x7 is a MONSTER. Found I new spot that I over looked it's a dry water hole from a distance it's looks like nothing but when you walk out in it there is nothing but tender greens shoots coming up. !!! Found a funnel where they are coming down. So the story I did a huge rowdy deep bugle. IE I am a stud type bugle. Instant response below me. I think hmmmm hunter ??? I call back with a greeting mildly he ripped back at me I grab my bow range finder and haul *** across the pond Plateau. About 200 yards I get behind a pine tree and call again he is right below and just screams back I move forward. To look down. I see the 6x7 range him 87 yards moving to my left I pull back wind is at my back I move hard left to try and get I. Front of him 160 yards at. Dead run I get to where he will be. Looking down he's coming in 78 yards and closing. I am set re range he 65 yards at a walk. The winds gusts he stops dead and the group bolts straight up into the timber !! 4x4 and 3x4 in the group. That's that's tried my best. Going to try a new set up in the Morning. Backnis sore took a good tumble on the way out tonight got a little beat up. Hurting like he'll bounced off a few rocks on the way down a 70 plus foot steep grade. Rum and coke to sooth the pain. Will check back in the morning singing off

Comment

I am up here now. Staying til the end. Tough hunting this year, hot and dry. Been up high and low. Trying to stay positive

Comment

I just left Saturday after 10 days of hunting. Absolutely no bugling or elk movement the first 8 days. Thursday and Friday it got better. We tagged a 3x4 in the last 30 mins of my hunt. The rut should heat up nicely for you boys this week. Good luck!

Comment

Enjoying the follow along...Sounds like hes getting close! I'll be up in that area in a month, can't wait. Good luck to you too spanky

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Wasn't able to update yesterday but he had no success. Changed locations and setup a little higher up the mountain. Found 5 trails crossing to one and has a blind set. See how today goes. Had a bull responding to calls late evening but never showed himself.

He did have a skunk encounter yesterday evening heading in to camp. Luckily he didn't get sprayed.

Comment

Working...
                                X