No announcement yet.

What bit/stung me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Due to the location, I can’t see it good enough to tell if there is one or two puncture marks.

I’m starting to have muscle aches now, so after I get off work I’m gonna go ahead and get it checked out.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
      Due to the location, I can’t see it good enough to tell if there is one or two puncture marks.

I’m starting to have muscle aches now, so after I get off work I’m gonna go ahead and get it checked out.
      Dude, Go NOW!!

Comment

Tomorrow will be just as good. Can I have your hunting and fishing gear when you die ooops.... I mean if you die?

Comment

I was in California for work a few weeks ago. Got bit by something on my ankle. Never saw what it was, but when I got back home, it was nasty looking and I had a fever. Went to the doc and they weren't sure if the fever was related to the bite or not but they put me on antibiotics. four days later I was at the ER with 104.3 fever. They admitted me and ran every test you could think of and I had 3 IV's going with fluids and antibiotics, but they never found the source of the fever. I spent 4 nights in the hospital. Here we are a month later and the bite is healing but still not pretty. Again, I'm not saying the bite caused my fever, but it was quite the coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by randtx View Post
            I was in California for work a few weeks ago. Got bit by something on my ankle. Never saw what it was, but when I got back home, it was nasty looking and I had a fever. Went to the doc and they weren't sure if the fever was related to the bite or not but they put me on antibiotics. four days later I was at the ER with 104.3 fever. They admitted me and ran every test you could think of and I had 3 IV's going with fluids and antibiotics, but they never found the source of the fever. I spent 4 nights in the hospital. Here we are a month later and the bite is healing but still not pretty. Again, I'm not saying the bite caused my fever, but it was quite the coincidence.

Here is the bite after 3 weeks and a lot of antibiotics...

Comment

It was a hornet that probably bit you. They relieve venom that causes chest pain My wife got bit by one about 6 months ago and Dr said they have venom like a snake and causes chest pain. She was freaking out since she had a pace maker put in. You'll live. Maybe.

Comment

Getting checked in at a quick clinic now.

Comment

Getting checked in at a quick clinic now.
                  Lots of folks dont have good luck at quick clinics for things like this. Most are a PA and not a actual physician. I would go see my primary doc.

Comment

Asassain bug or asp is my guess. Don’t see puncture

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                      Lots of folks dont have good luck at quick clinics for things like this. Most are a PA and not a actual physician. I would go see my primary doc.
                      My primary care “doc” is a PA as well. She is pretty much useless which is why I’m here.

Edit: both the doc and nurse said they did not see any puncture marks.
                      Last edited by 91cavgt; 09-14-2018, 05:12 PM.

Comment

You still kicking?

Comment

I never saw what bit/stung me. I didn’t get a look at the area until over 12 hours after it happened.
                          You waited 12 hours to look at the bite area? You never said exactly where it bit you but implied the chest area. Where were you bit?

Comment

That’s right, I did not check the area till 12 hours after it hit me 4 times. Still have no idea what it was but yes, it hit me on the far left side of my chest, almost on my left side about 3” below my arm pit.

They prescribed antibiotics. 300 mg 4 times a day for 5 days. It still itches like crazy, still have some muscle aches, but the “bite” (still don’t know what hit me so it might not have been a bite) area is not as swollen today. My wife says that it looks like the red area has expanded slightly.

Comment

Welp,, since I wasn’t there, I have no idea what bit::stung:::injected::: you.

But, I do hope you have seeked medical help.... gotta be better than asking a bunch of yahoo’s on the interwebs.

[emoji41][emoji851]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mark the edge of the swelling with a sharpie and keep an eye on it

Comment

Working...
                                X