This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gekko man View Post
    Read the entire article... let me help you out!

https://news.utexas.edu/2013/10/07/t...-more-ut-facts

He's helpless...

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
      A very cool pic from last week. There was a split second that I thought Bevo was getting loose!

[ATTACH]923931[/ATTACH]
      Great Pic!!! Hook’em Horns!

Comment

Originally posted by gekko man View Post
        Read the entire article... let me help you out!

https://news.utexas.edu/2013/10/07/t...-more-ut-facts
        BS.....we branded the steer with 13-0 and that’s where the name came from. Don’t be mad just because big brother was picking on little brother. Embrace it, it’s tradition.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
          Quote from UT NEWS . . "The better known story is that Bevo earned his moniker a few months later, after a group of Texas AandM students branded him with "13-0," the Aggies' winning score from the 1915 football match-up. As legend has it, Longhorns responded by altering the "13" to a "B," the dash to an "E," and then added a "V" in front of the "0." . .
          This is exactly what happened.....you mean the “hornstorians” would actually change the story of what really happened? No way!!

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
            This is exactly what happened.....you mean the “hornstorians” would actually change the story of what really happened? No way!!
            Bet it was good eating . . Not up to Aggie quality but still good . . On another note, ESPN stated that tu is 54-49 after Colt McCoy . . Noone has mentioned that stat . .

Comment

BS.....we branded the steer with 13-0 and that’s where the name came from. Don’t be mad just because big brother was picking on little brother. Embrace it, it’s tradition.
              Uh huh!
              Last edited by gekko man; 09-10-2018, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
                Bet it was good eating . . Not up to Aggie quality but still good . . On another note, ESPN stated that tu is 54-49 after Colt McCoy . . Noone has mentioned that stat . .

Actually you have...twice, maybe three times.

The last 100 Texas games have been mediocre. Everyone knows that. The good news in our history this is the exception rather than the rule.

Comment

You mean like the Aggies and the 12th man farce of E King Gill?

Comment

LSU QB Joe Burrow said Tigers will need their "big boy pants" against Auburn.

I'm an optimist. LSU wins, 19-10 (LSU scores a TD and 4 FGs)

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        No one is arguing the branding didn’t happen. But that is not where the name came from. Sorry to disappoint but, it is documented in a newspaper article in 1916 where the new mascot was referred to as Bevo. And as for the serving of Bevo for dinner? Again not like you want to believe. The steer was actually served to both teams at their joint meal. Back in the day, both schools shared a meal. But don’t let facts get in the way of a good story.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                          Unfortunately I see the same thing with OL 14-7 aub.
                          I think we see an improved OL over last week. Just hope it is enough in Jordan Hare. Auburn's secondary is their weak link.
                          Geaux Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Randolph Duke says hello!!

Comment

Randolph Duke says hello!!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                No no no, the 12th man is the crowd. Nevermind them going berzerk on Seattle for using it for their crowd.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X