Tropical Weather Discussion 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
    So heading to my lease Just west of Tilden to top off feeders and shoot birds will most likely be a wash out this weekend?
    Yep, we were gonna do the same in Catarina but probably won’t be able to, I’ll know more Thursday and Friday as I will be working down there those days

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
      Yes, as ccb pointed out, all eyes on 95L along the Texas coast. Early forecast thinking weak tropical storm coming ashore along the lower to middle Texas coast bringing a ton of rain with it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That means Houston on the wet end [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tuned in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Well another weekend working at the lease looks to be screwed. Guess I’ll be working remotely on Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
            Well another weekend working at the lease looks to be screwed. Guess I’ll be working remotely on Wednesday.
            I'd gladly give that up to get raid on our lease east of Laredo!! It's pretty dang dry there! I'm hoping that "thing" that they're talking about coming into the Gulf late this week hits the happy medium of little wind and lots of rain inland! ...don't need no wind tearing up stuff, but South Texas sure could use the moisture... one of those tank filling rains.

Comment

Hopefully it makes landfall in Deep South Texas down near padre. That country needs the rain from a big depression/small TS in a bad way (hopefully depression). I also Hope the upper coast is spared, don’t think they need anymore rain.

Comment

Last edited by waterdog; 09-10-2018, 07:12 PM.

Comment

going to wait until it has a name. still too far out to forecast.

Comment

Chances keep going up at 60% of forming something now per abc but who knows with them

Comment

So this friday/Saturday landfall on the 60% chance storm?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        I'd gladly give that up to get raid on our lease east of Laredo!! It's pretty dang dry there! I'm hoping that "thing" that they're talking about coming into the Gulf late this week hits the happy medium of little wind and lots of rain inland! ...don't need no wind tearing up stuff, but South Texas sure could use the moisture... one of those tank filling rains.
                        Has your place missed all this moisture this last week? I think we picked up close to 7 inches.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
                          Hopefully it makes landfall in Deep South Texas down near padre. That country needs the rain from a big depression/small TS in a bad way (hopefully depression). I also Hope the upper coast is spared, don’t think they need anymore rain.
                          One of the weather experts at the Houston Chronicle, Eric Berger, indicated on his Facebook page today that at present the track seems to have shifted further south. Time will tell though.

If it's not mentioned before y'all check out the Eric Berger: Space City Weather Facebook page. He's no hype, no bull, just straight facts. Outside of Johnny and CCBluewater you won't find a better source to get this kind of information.

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                          Has your place missed all this moisture this last week? I think we picked up close to 7 inches.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
                          It seems like it hasn't done anything but rain in Spring for a week straight.

Comment

Berger is the best. He got me through Harvey.

In addition to the track farther south, he also mentioned that 95L should run into some decent wind shear in the Gulf that will limit its development into anything more that a TS.

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
                              So heading to my lease Just west of Tilden to top off feeders and shoot birds will most likely be a wash out this weekend?

Not looking good for the south opener...

In to follow the reports

Comment

Potential Tropical Development

Our place near Catarina in Webb County has gotten a pretty good soaking this last week. We needed it to make up for only 6 ” rain since January of this year. Tanks are where near dry. Hopefully this fill them back up and gets us they the winter. Bucks are going to be eating green and not coming to corn very well until it gets cold.
                                Looks like South zone dove opener and first week of teal season will be a rainout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                Last edited by rattler7696; 09-10-2018, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X