No announcement yet.

Weed and brush killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found Eraser Max at my feed store, the owner showed me a patch he had sprayed 1/2 with Eraser and the other 1/2 with Eraser Max. The results were dramatic, the Max part was dead to the ground, shrubs and all. A quart goes in 4 gallons and it’s good for a 1000 sq. Ft., at $25/qt. it’s going to be a little pricey. I’ve got 1500’ of fence to clear so it’s going to take a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      These are like young of the year first spring mesquites.. biggest “trunk” might be the size of a pencil or a pinky
      I would add 2oz of Remedy per gallon of water and spray the leaves of the bushes. Should kill them. I always add alittle surfactant or dawn dish soap so it sticks to the waxing side of the leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by Soggy Bottom View Post
        I would add 2oz of Remedy per gallon of water and spray the leaves of the bushes. Should kill them. I always add alittle surfactant or dawn dish soap so it sticks to the waxing side of the leaves.
        I 2nd this for mesquites. I add a little diesel so it sticks better. I put about a gallon of diesel to my 16 gallon sprayer.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          These are like young of the year first spring mesquites.. biggest “trunk” might be the size of a pencil or a pinky
          Don't spray it yet if you're not spraying the stems. It is still too early. If you are spraying the stems and young smooth bark mesquite, 15% Remedy to 85% diesel.

If you are going to spray the leaves, use Remedy and water. The diesel will burn the leaves off too fast before it gets down to the root. Soil temperature has to be right, 75 degrees at 12" deep, leaves have to be dark green not the light pea green and the flowers need to be yellow and the beans need to be fully developed. Problem with first year re-growth mesquite is that it may not have enough leaf area to take it in and kill the root. Usually recommend 2 years of growth before leaf spray but a lot of people don't like that look.

2.5 oz of Sendero OR 1.25 oz of Remedy and Reclaim each to 2 gallon sprayer for leaf spray.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT....DON'T SHRED MESQUITES, IT MAKES THE JOB A LOT HARDER
          Last edited by Blackmouth; 05-17-2019, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bowmansdad View Post
            Found Eraser Max at my feed store, the owner showed me a patch he had sprayed 1/2 with Eraser and the other 1/2 with Eraser Max. The results were dramatic, the Max part was dead to the ground, shrubs and all. A quart goes in 4 gallons and it’s good for a 1000 sq. Ft., at $25/qt. it’s going to be a little pricey. I’ve got 1500’ of fence to clear so it’s going to take a while.
            I'm a believer in Eraser as well.

Comment

Working...
            X