Weed and brush killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weed and brush killer

Property next to me is owned by a large company and they have taken the cattle off of it, now the weeds, brush, vines are encroaching on my property.
    What can I use to keep this killed back using store bought items? I have a 30 gallon sprayer to use. I want a 10’ buffer zone to keep the crap away.

Glysophate, also can use a mix of 1 gallon vinegar, 2 cups epsom salt and some dawn dish soap. Works faster than round up but will also cost more

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
      Glysophate, also can use a mix of 1 gallon vinegar, 2 cups epsom salt and some dawn dish soap. Works faster than round up but will also cost more

I want try this. How much soap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Rm43 sold at most farm/ranch stores.

Comment

I have decent success with RM43 but forget about it lasting a year, I apply 3-4 times per year.

For me 2oz Gly + 2oz Remedy per gallon of water lasts just as long as the RM43 and works better on woody plants.

Comment

Depends on what you have growing there. I’m tagged for input since I have a fence line I need under control.

Not to steal your thread, but I a little of everything. It’s a good 10ft on each side of the fence as well.

Comment

Be careful spraying anything on property that does not belong to you

Big and Tuff (probably called something else now) from TSC will kill everything down to the dirt

Comment

I've used the crossbow brand with pretty good results

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

Big and Tuff (probably called something else now) from TSC will kill everything down to the dirt
                  I don't know where you heard that.I've bought at least 100 gallons of Big & TUff.Sprayed the same 7 acres.Covered in weak tree's/a few fruits..It will kill the grassy weeds and "grass".It's a non selective herbicide..You can pour it straight onto a cedar tree on a 100 degree day and it won't hurt it.Barely effects broad leaf weeds..I've got a garage full of it.
                  It's harmless.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

Big and tuf is nothing more than 41% glyphosate

Comment

I use Makaze. I get it at the feed store where we get our feed. It works well for me. Had a bunch of briars and poison oak. It killed it down to the dirt. My friend that builds fences for a living turned me on to it.

Comment

All the good stuff you have to have a license to buy.

Comment

You can’t legally spray your neighbors side of the fence. If you did and they didn’t like it, it could get really expensive for you.

Comment

Get whatever they use on the rail road.

I have given up on trying to spray my back fence line. I just take a a weed burner to it after a rain. Same amount of work and results you can see instantly.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I have RM43 and Roundup, since I have yaupons, hackberry and tallow trees, I’m going to look for Remedy. I tried to get the company to clean the fence line when they removed 2 trees off my barn, told me to do what I wanted so spraying won’t be a issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X