Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
    Yep,

think it will this way going forward. I'm in SE South Jay.
    Meh, I hope it doesn't stay that way in the future.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep,

think it will this way going forward. I'm in SE South Jay.
      I hope not but honestly there is very few bad pastures and it would speed up the sign in process where we could get in field sooner. I’d still rather have the opportunity to choose my pasture.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
        I hope not but honestly there is very few bad pastures and it would speed up the sign in process where we could get in field sooner. I’d still rather have the opportunity to choose my pasture.
        Part of me agrees with that, then my common sense part of my brain kicks in and says "All compartments have winners". I am trying so hard to break free of my own "analysis paralysis". I end up overthinking and over-analyzing this stuff....to my own detriment. But yeah, depending on group size, picking own compartment could be helpful....

Comment

....Was on the management hunt there this week, and 5 or 6 management bucks were taken. Some really cool 'character' bucks there, one REALLY nice one taken, too. They don't have to be "The Giants" to be interesting. Saw 2 or 3 REALLY nice bucks from my stand, including 1 GIANT. 10 points, probably 25 inch spread, minimum. JUST FREAKING GIANT, biggest deer I have ever seen on any hunt. And including one older deer, probs 7 and a half years old, concave back, bigger belly, and brisket area that hung way down that made his front legs look a foot long, hahaha. Except he was 'illegal' because his rack was way within his eartips, but about 18 inches high. So freaky and cool, would have loved to have dropped him.

Comment

Originally posted by gonzotexan View Post
            ....Was on the management hunt there this week, and 5 or 6 management bucks were taken. Some really cool 'character' bucks there, one REALLY nice one taken, too. They don't have to be "The Giants" to be interesting. Saw 2 or 3 REALLY nice bucks from my stand, including 1 GIANT. 10 points, probably 25 inch spread, minimum. JUST FREAKING GIANT, biggest deer I have ever seen on any hunt. And including one older deer, probs 7 and a half years old, concave back, bigger belly, and brisket area that hung way down that made his front legs look a foot long, hahaha. Except he was 'illegal' because his rack was way within his eartips, but about 18 inches high. So freaky and cool, would have loved to have dropped him.

Well what compartment?!? We will be there this week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
              Well what compartment?!? We will be there this week!

yeah, what he said

Comment

yeah, what he said
                was West Mustang. Youth blind right in the middle of 2 intersecting senderos.....was chosen by the Chap for me, not my choice, but turned out to be really good. Got a 6 point from it this week. But was the Management hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by gonzotexan View Post
                  was West Mustang. Youth blind right in the middle of 2 intersecting senderos.....was chosen by the Chap for me, not my choice, but turned out to be really good. Got a 6 point from it this week. But was the Management hunt.

Do you happen to know the number?

Comment

...don't know the number. Not provided on any of the maps given to me by TPWD. But is the closest compartment Northwest of the headquarters. Triangle shaped. See the one with the 'X' shaped roads with they 'Y' youth blind in the middle of the X shaped roads ?? That be it.
                    Last edited by gonzotexan; 11-26-2020, 11:44 PM.

Comment

If anyone gets West Guajalote, I can tell you what I know. My daughter got a Javelina off of it but we did see plenty of deer, including one trophy buck and another decent buck. This was on the first Youth A/S hunt.

Comment

Looks to be good hunting weather this week.

Comment

I’ll be down there for standby, any other standby guys here that want to be in the same card so we aren’t competing? I’ll be by myself

Comment

Originally posted by PSEBRONCO View Post
                            I’ll be down there for standby, any other standby guys here that want to be in the same card so we aren’t competing? I’ll be by myself
                            Would have loved to have tried this week, but will almost def be there next week for a standby chance.

Comment

I’ll be there by myself as well if you want to get on a card together.

Comment

So they are taking standby?

Comment

Working...
                                X