• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
    those are some beautiful art work!
    Thank you sir. I have 3 he has made. Great quality and budget friendly

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
      These! I found some like a 20 knife box of these for 30 bucks. I have one everywhere... pack, truck, ranch, kitchen, garage etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Same here, every hunting truck , ranch , fishing camp ,
      Offshore boat
      Got both the serrated edge and straight edge, excellent steel ( wickedly sharp)

Comment

I use a buck 110 folder and run it across a ceramic stick ever few deer I clean.

https://www.amazon.com/Arkansas-Shar...6413007&sr=8-8

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
          These! I found some like a 20 knife box of these for 30 bucks. I have one everywhere... pack, truck, ranch, kitchen, garage etc.

Where are you guys finding these at ?

Comment

Moraknif link

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
            Where are you guys finding these at ?

Comment

Another vote for the Mora knives. I have had mine for 5 years now & have not had to sharpen them vey much at all.

I paid $20 for one & $15 for the other one I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Mora knives are hard to beat for the value. Take the money you save and buy a leather sheath.

Comment

You can pick up this Knives of Alaska Muskrat for less than $90 (which a great deal) on Amazon
                  My muskrat is the best skinning , caping knife I own

Comment

X2 on the KOA muskrat. I have one and its super handy. Also holds an edge.

Comment

I just bought a large Case sodbuster. It was under 40 $, but not by much. It was purchased at one of our local feed stores. I could have saved 8 $ if i had ordered it, but i wanted it today. I'm going to give it a try on some hogs.

Comment

Benchmade and Cold Steel make really high quality blades but you'll have to do some research to find one you are looking for under that 100 mark. I just picked up a cheaper Buck from Knife Depot on one of their sales and it gets the job done.

Skinning knives are invaluable on outdoor adventures. Get them here at Knife Depot. Free shipping on orders $99+. Click now to browse our huge selection.

Comment

Honestly you can skin any animal in Texas with a sharpened butter knife from Walmart for $1. Or buy yourself a cheap knife in their hunting isle for $5. Buy yourself a $3 steel and ceramic sharpener at Academy and you’ll be set for years.

Comment

I use an old eye brand folder and a kabar fixed blade hunter. For large boars I got something from Frank and Bob but a little more than your budget, but they are one off and worth it to me.

Comment

Havalon is as good as it gets, but I’ve never seen one with a leather sheath.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X