? for covid + folks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? for covid + folks

i caught the rona 11/9. not too bad, a few headaches, uncomfortable breathing for 2 days(tightness in chest/right side only). 99-101 fever intermittent. feel like a champ this week. BUT, i still have zero taste/smell.. i've already lost 13 lbs, and i was already lean. can't make myself eat b/c i can't taste/smell. how long will this last????

Like so much other symptoms it seems to vary person to person. My wife tested positive first week of august. She’s just now getting her sense of smell back, and still can’t taste some things. My buddy tested positive last week and already has his smell and taste back.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeterboud View Post
      i caught the rona 11/9. not too bad, a few headaches, uncomfortable breathing for 2 days(tightness in chest/right side only). 99-101 fever intermittent. feel like a champ this week. BUT, i still have zero taste/smell.. i've already lost 13 lbs, and i was already lean. can't make myself eat b/c i can't taste/smell. how long will this last????

My loss of smell/taste lasted about 3 days was all. My wife’s lasted 2 weeks and still isn’t fully back after 2.5monfhs. My mom never lost hers. My Dad never lost his.

That element of the virus is such a wild card on timing. So, there isn’t really a correct answer to give. Everybody is different.

I completely understand the difficulty. You almost feel like you have to force yourself to chew/swallow. Just keep on pushing through is the best I know to say. Maybe try some liquid stuff like milkshakes and smoothies. I found those type things easier to consume and they helped keep weight on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I had it about he same time 10/20/20 and my smell and taste are at 50%. Some things I can taste and smell better than others. Some things I cant smell at all..

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I caught it back in May. Went through the family with very little impact. I had a fever for about 5 days and breathing issues, but I also have asthma. Lost my sense of smell and taste for about a week. After six months, I would say that have regained about 80% of both back. Family continues to suffer as I do most of the grilling and cooking - they shall persevere!

Comment

I've got it too. It's basically been like a cold for me. My taste and smell are slowly returning. I had hoped I would be able to fully enjoy my Thanksgiving meal but oh well

Comment

My mom had it back in late October she still hasn’t got her taste back. I caught it from her and I felt bad for a few days. I never had trouble breathing but had every other symptom they list it seemed like, but after three or so days I felt fine. It took me two or three weeks to get my taste and smell completely back

Comment

My wife has it right now, so far my 3 daughters and I are clear. My wife has not lost her sense of taste nor smell. My little sister had it and never lost her sense of taste and smell either. My twin sister had it and is now going on her fourth month of no taste and smell. So yes, with what everyone else has said, it varies from person to person.

My wife's fever would spike to 103 (that's way to high btw) but we could control it with Tylenol and Ibuprofen. She is having massive headaches that are hard to control, and coughing spells. As of this morning she has been fever free for 36 hours.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

My daughter got it the first week she went off to school in late August. No symptoms other than smell or taste and she still does not have it back today. I started reading on it recently and everything I found says you basically have to teach your nose how to smell again. Most articles say start with different essential oils like lemon or citrus and go from there. We have not tried anything yet but I have told we should try it. If anyone has found something that has worked or has a medical treatment I would love to hear it.
                  The only benefit I have seen is between the dog and I we have tested her plenty. Her mother will leave the room but she doesn’t bat an eye.

Comment

Smell came back within a week or two, but only when I was cooking. Taste never went away, but was altered, like a metallic taste. That took a bit longer to get over. All in all, I lost around 20#.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

In my case I went 12 days before I went into the hospital and got my appetite back when they started giving me steroids.

Comment

I had it a couple weeks ago and I’ve since tested negative, I only ever had a sore throat and congestion as well as the lack of taste or smell. The taste and smell for me only lasted for about a week, I have friends who’ve had it and haven’t been able to taste or smell for several weeks and I’ve heard of it lasting for months for some people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The wife lost her taste and smell for about 10 days, I never lost it.
                          However, on a lighter note, I love watching the TikTok videos of these folks testing the theory and posting it, lol. To watch a guy eat garlic paste out of the tube is impressive, as it Wasabi filled Oreos, lol.

Good luck with it, get ahead of any breathing issues with an inhaler or breathing treatments.

Comment

I have dropped 20lbs on the Covid diet!

I have gotten some of my taste and smell back but its just different now. I don’t crave sweets like I used to and water has a taste. Weird I know but water has a certain appeal now.

Comment

I testing positive Tuesday night. Lost taste and smell Wednesday and still don't have it. I have fever and no energy

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X