Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12/8 through 12/11

Comment

For those that have hunted down there in the past and didn’t camp out what are the best lodging options? Hotel in Cotulla or is there a better option? We stayed in some cabins last week near James Daughtrey and i liked it a lot more than if we had booked a hotel so was curious if there were any options like that near Chap.

Comment

Don't know of any cabins in Cotulla. I have stayed at Whitten Inn several times and like it. It has outside & inside room entrances. they have a breakfast buffet that is real early. Early enough to eat there before your hunt. Also, have a happy hour in the evenings.

Pizza and a keg. They have ALOT of oilfield clients. They will charge more for hunters than if you there for work. If you work for the state I believe will give a discount.

Comment

I booked Microtel Inn and Suites. Review were good and its only $62 a night.

Comment

I would stay at the campground. Save a lot of time driving back and forth. Plus there are 2 shower stalls at the campground.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
              I would stay at the campground. Save a lot of time driving back and forth. Plus there are 2 shower stalls at the campground.
              Camped the last time there. Planning on a hotel this December.

Cold water only showers when it's roughly 30 degrees out is uhhh vitalizing...to say the least.

Comment

I was there last year and the showers had good hot water.

Comment

well, Chap folks are gonna select the compartments. Good news is we will be able to find out our compartment before the hunt to google earth scout.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                    well, Chap folks are gonna select the compartments. Good news is we will be able to find out our compartment before the hunt to google earth scout.
                    Got to admit, I wanted to pick my own. Since I'm a singe hunter, I'm probably going to get pushed to the small compartments like 4 or 8. No biggie, I will hunt my compartment hard.

Comment

budman, reach out to me when you get your compartment. I've hunted Chap alot over the years. If I am familiar with the area, I'll help ya out. I'll be on a Nilgai hunt at Laguna Atascosa the monday we will know.

Comment

budman, reach out to me when you get your compartment. I've hunted Chap alot over the years. If I am familiar with the area, I'll help ya out. I'll be on a Nilgai hunt at Laguna Atascosa the monday we will know.
                        Thanks brother.

Comment

How did you hear this? I didn’t get an email about it and hope I didn’t miss it. I hope they aren’t going to give the guys that wanted preselected compartments first then the guys that wanted to pick get the left overs whenever we get there? Idk may be overthinking into this. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I got an email today.

Did you tell them you were not going to make it down?

Comment

I told them we were going to make it. Because my dad for sure will. I’m still iffy on recovery timing lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

check your spam folders

Comment

Working...
                                X