No announcement yet.

Air compressor advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the largest DeWalt with wheels. On sale at TSC. I think its a 30 gallon. Plenty big for shop use. I've ran framing nailers to small staple guns with no issues. The regulator valve works great. I mainly use it for airing up tires since all my impacts are battery powered.

I was shopping for an Ingersol Rand, but ended up with the DeWalt. Couldn't pass up the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
      Bought a Kobalt 26 gallon Quiet Tech and it is significantly quieter than standard compressors. Ive used it to run a nailer for trim installation, impact power tools and air chisel for hours. I have had it 6 months no problems. Its nice not having to worry about loud compressor kicking on while you are working in garage.
      I've got the same. Does a great job for me.

Comment

Originally posted by creekbottom02 View Post
        The electrical problem is The on/off switch that is tied into the pressure cut off. So basically I need to turn it on and off before the pressure builds up and blows the pressure valve. And usually I have to use a long screw driver to turn it on/off

And since I’m not into this compressor for anything. I think it’s time to upgrade
        I have had to clean the contacts on the pressure switch that turns the compressor on and off, then adjust the pressure setting many times on both of the Black Max compressors I have had. I use a old ignition points file to clean the contacts, the contacts look just like old points. I find they sometimes get welded together and other times, they have build up on the contacts and don't make good contact. When my previous compressors gave me trouble, I would turn the breaker off, then get out the points file and some screw drivers. Then open up each set of contacts one by one, clean both sides, with the points file. Then once I had them all nice and flat and clean. I would kick the power back on and then work on adjusting the on and off pressure settings.
        I have brought a few compressors back to life, that other people thought were beyond hope. Another option is to find a pressure switch and replace the one on the compressor you have. Northern Tools might sell them, pretty sure Granger sells them, they have about everything.
        I have to admit, I waisted a lot of time keeping those two previous compressors working. I wish I would have bought the one I have now, many years sooner. I definitely got every bit of life out of the last two.

Comment

I gave someone else this link earlier. Also i saw Harbor Frt. had an ingersol rand and a quincy, both top brands

Comment

I bought a California Air Tools compressor and it’s been the best one I’ve ever had. Super quiet.

Comment

Not to hijack the OP's thread, but just curious as to the minimum size (gallons) needed to run a framing nailer. I don't need it to run a shop, but want to start building my own box blinds, and don't want to deal with using hundreds of screws like I did on my last blind build.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfootwolff View Post
                Not to hijack the OP's thread, but just curious as to the minimum size (gallons) needed to run a framing nailer. I don't need it to run a shop, but want to start building my own box blinds, and don't want to deal with using hundreds of screws like I did on my last blind build.

So look for the recommended CFM on the tool you want. Then you want a compressor that can put out that CFM or more. CFM means measure of the flow rate of air pushed out by a compressor.

Comment

This will be my next probably

Have a buddy that runs one and it out performs most 60 gallon up rights

Crazy quiet too

Comment

The 29gal Harbor Freight compressor uses the exact same electric motor as the DeWalt, can get parts for ITC he compressor and motor, and has run really well for me. I use it to clean my shop, air tires and pool floats, and to run a plasma cutter. Belt drive, oiled, and with an hour meter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X