Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor Kitchen Countertops

Ok Yall... I need some insight.

I am about to start my outdoor kitchen project . I have all appliances/doors/drawers and working on the steel frame now.

I was originally thinking granite or stone countertops, but after researching I am also open to concrete. The question is, how do I decide between dying the concrete when mixing versus staining or epoxy afterwards?

Also, how well does the epoxy resin really hold up in the long run with elements and UV rays?

I'm open to other suggestions, just want to make sure I do it right the first time with an awesome appearance that will hold up for years to come.

Thanks

i would think that staind concrete or something along those line woul hold up best and you could restain if need be.

Comment

Epoxy is not UV resistant unless you tint it properly. Not sure about the concrete type tints to know if they will prevent breakdown. Epoxy can also blush, release amines, if you do not get the right kind.

Comment

Anyone else?

Comment

Outdoor Kitchen Countertops

Can’t help you on the concrete as I don’t care for the look of them but these are my polished sandstone tops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

This was stained after pouring concrete. Epoxy applied after stain. This of course is indoors so I don’t know about outdoor and UV resistance. Just posting to show you a look you might like for an outdoor counter and to show what is possible for staining after pour.

Comment

Working...
            X