Turkey Tour 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
    I’ve seen two hens all weekend. Haven’t even heard a gobble...I did kill a coyote that wanted to eat the decoys though.

[ATTACH]996515[/ATTACH]

Nice bonus shot!! I’d be just as happy killing a coyote in my decoys as a gobbler.

Comment

Worked a couple of birds today with my wife, just run and gun with one decoy. She is more observant and patient than I am when longbeards come in, and waits for the perfect shot. So as humbling as it can be both were inside of 30 and walked away unscathed. If only I would have had her little 20ga....

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
        Worked a couple of birds today with my wife, just run and gun with one decoy. She is more observant and patient than I am when longbeards come in, and waits for the perfect shot. So as humbling as it can be both were inside of 30 and walked away unscathed. If only I would have had her little 20ga....

Comment

Question for the experts. Takin Snoop (8yo) out for youth turkey this weekend. He’ll be shooting my 1100 20ga, 28” mod. Not going looking for ammo this week. I have 2 3/4” Express Long Range 4s, 5s, and 6s. Which would y’all use?

I’ll set dekes at 18 yds or so.

Gut says 6s for a more dense pattern, or maybe 6 then a 5 then a 4, but I doubt we get two shots...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Question for the experts. Takin Snoop (8yo) out for youth turkey this weekend. He’ll be shooting my 1100 20ga, 28” mod. Not going looking for ammo this week. I have 2 3/4” Express Long Range 4s, 5s, and 6s. Which would y’all use?

I’ll set dekes at 18 yds or so.

Gut says 6s for a more dense pattern, or maybe 6 then a 5 then a 4, but I doubt we get two shots...

Out of those, I'd go with the 6's

You have any of those in 7 1/2? You get about 100 more pellets if so and they are deadly at 15 yards

Comment

I’ve got heavy dove in 7 1/2, but for Probly the 1st time ever, o don’t have a high brass 7 1/2.

Comment

Wish that 1100 would shoot these...it will shoot 1...

Comment

Turkey Tour 2020

I guess he could shoot those in my O/U...it’ll be on a rest anyway.

Splitting hairs here I know, I just been craving a huntin thread, and this trip just happened today.

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                    Out of those, I'd go with the 6's

You have any of those in 7 1/2? You get about 100 more pellets if so and they are deadly at 15 yards
                    I'd go with the 6's as well. I have a box of Remmy Nitro Magnum in 3" #6 with 1 1/4oz if you want to try a couple of different loads to pattern.

Comment

I’ve got heavy dove in 7 1/2, but for Probly the 1st time ever, o don’t have a high brass 7 1/2.

1oz heavy dove in 7 1/2 gives you 350 pellets while #6 has 225

But they will all do just fine at 15-20 yards

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                        I'd go with the 6's as well. I have a box of Remmy Nitro Magnum in 3" #6 with 1 1/4oz if you want to try a couple of different loads to pattern.

We’re gonna “live pattern”.

Got room too, if you got a kiddo wants to kill one.

Comment

We’re gonna “live pattern”.

Got room too, if you got a kiddo wants to kill one.

I'll ask. My oldest may, it's been a while since she's put the smackdown on one. Thanks for the offer! Yall heading up Friday?

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                            I'll ask. My oldest may, it's been a while since she's put the smackdown on one. Thanks for the offer! Yall heading up Friday?

Thursday, but I don’t think the kids can shoot till Saturday. You are welcome for any or all. You got my #.

Comment

Tank bustin Friday.

Comment

Nice! I'll give you a shout

Comment

Working...
                                X