Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tennessee Turkey Trip 2020

April 1st-12th

Headed back home to East TN for some killer Eastern Tom action with my dad (65yr). Current bag limit is 4 bearded turkeys per hunter. All public land. Within 1 hour drive we have access to 3 different WMAs totalling 300,000 acres.

If anyone is interested, license cost for Non-Residents $214.50 + a $25 wma permit.

2 good friends I met here on GS are coming with. Dad and I will be guiding/hunting with them one on one.

If anyone else would like to come we can map you out an area and give pointers. One of the WMAs has over 200 miles of driveable dirt roads so access is fairly simple. You will need to be in good shape as there are a lot of hills and quite a bit of running.

It'll cost you hotel and rental car. If it's only a couple, we can all do dinner at my parents each night given each of us cooks on a different night for everyone. Otherwise we all go out and split the meal cost. I'd prefer cooking.

Update: two friends cancelled.

If anyone wants to join (up to 2) all it'll cost is license, fuel, and grocery help.
    It's a 16 hour straight through drive. We can all stay at my parents so long as everyone helps cook and ride together.

Only guarantee is good food and fun.

Comment

You have my attention!

Let me check the schedule and I'll get back to you.

Comment

My family up there likes to turkey hunt more than deer! Lol. I never got into it.

Comment

I'll watch Catman on youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
            You have my attention!

Road trip

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
              Road trip

Comment

Sounds awesome, wish I was in a position to preshedule stuff

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                  You have my attention!

Shocking....lol

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    My family up there likes to turkey hunt more than deer! Lol. I never got into it.

I put deer on the back burner about 20 years ago for turkey.
                    Nothing like ending up a mile from where you started chasing them
                    It’s a rush

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                      Shocking....lol

[emoji2371][emoji2371]

I can’t help it!

Comment

Best part of turkey season is standing by the truck in the dark getting ready to head to the woods and the whippoorwills start up....... nothing like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've ran plenty of ridges chasing gobbles only to hear them back where I started after I'm a mile away.

Deer hunting doesn't come close to the thrill of chasing turkeys.
                          My first turkey I shot at 7 steps. I had setup on a field edge in the dark and did a quiet calling sequence. At some point I fell asleep and woke up to a gobble that sounded as if it was in my lap. Opened my eyes and 2 toms, 1 jake, and 2 hens were 7 steps in from of me. All I had was a brushline between us. It was amazing!

Dad and I started tag teaming just before I moved here. One calling one shooting. Our success increased trifold.

Comment

Flight is booked on Spirit, Austin-Nashville for $108 round trip!

Comment

What part of TN? I got kinfolk in Murfreesboro

Comment

Working...
                              X