BEST Steak in Houston?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
    If I was downtown, I'd just go to Vic and Anthony's out of convenience. Taste of Texas is great, as is B&B Butchers.
    We weren’t very impressed with Vic and Anthony’s. Possibly because it was right before an Astros game and they were slammed with a crowd but it wasn’t my favorite.

I liked trulucks a lot and will be trying steak 48 soon.

Comment

You'll have a great meal and experience at any of the following, I'd pick the one closest to you which will probably be Vic & Anthony's:

Pappa's
      Capital Grille
      Trulucks
      Vic & Anthony's
      Eddie V's
      Flemings
      Steak 48
      Taste of Texas

Comment

If your a foodie like me then you know the best chefs in town. Chef Chris Sheppard runs Georgia James Steakhouse. That place will not disappoint! Check out the Baller Board!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
          If your a foodie like me then you know the best chefs in town. Chef Chris Sheppard runs Georgia James Steakhouse. That place will not disappoint! Check out the Baller Board!
          Good rec. Shepherd is the best. I haven't been to Georgia James because I'd rather cook a steak myself, but Underbelly was my favorite restaurant in Houston.

Comment

Brenners on the Bayou for me.... their filet and peppercorn sauce are delicious!

Comment

Again, if truly downtown Vic & Anthony's. If not the choices are pretty much endless. I was at Rainbow Lodge two weeks ago.........my kinda place!

Comment

I second B&B Butchers! Took some customers their for Christmas and the steaks and sides were top notch. Nice atmosphere too.

Comment

Most the prime steakhouses will serve you a good cut of beef. Some of them are even owned by the same restaurant groups.

Pappa Bros will typically get the highest nod. Great place, but it's been around a long time and may get more attention as compared to other places that are just as good.

Vic & Anthony's is good for downtown. Mortons is ok as well, but I'd give Vic's a slight notch above. Brenners on the Bayou is good too off Memorial.

Mastro's in uptown is probably the newest place and is very good. Probably one of the more stylish places right now. Actually, Vic & Anthony, Mortons, Brenners and Masto's are all owned by Landrys.

Taste of TX - As stated, they don't take reservations; no call ahead, nothing. Steaks are good and salad bar is one of the best around. Family owned and operated. However, I would not go here on an anniversary getaway. The wife and I almost never go here anymore due to the crazy wait times. We've walked in and right back out with quoted wait times in the 2 hour range before. Just not a good idea if you want a more coordinated type of evening.
                  Last edited by CaptainDave; 02-21-2019, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                    Again, if truly downtown Vic & Anthony's. If not the choices are pretty much endless. I was at Rainbow Lodge two weeks ago.........my kinda place!
                    Vic & Anthony's would be the closest followed by Pappas. I like the look of Rainbow Lodge although not as close.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                      Most the prime steakhouses will serve you a good cut of beef. Some of them are even owned by the same restaurant groups.

Pappa Bros will typically get the highest nod. Great place, but it's been around a long time and may get more attention as compared to other places that are just as good.

Killen's in Pearland, not convenient to downtown, but definitely really good.

Vic & Anthony's is good for downtown. Mortons is ok as well, but I'd give Vic's a slight notch above.

Mastro's in uptown is probably the newest place and is very good. Probably one of the more stylish places right now.

Taste of TX - As stated, they don't take reservations; no call ahead, nothing. Steaks are good and salad bar is one of the best around. Family owned and operated. However, I would not go here on an anniversary getaway. The wife and I almost never go here anymore due to the crazy wait times. We've walked in and right back out with quoted wait times in the 2 hour range before. Just not a good idea if you want a more coordinated type of evening.
                      We are not big on long waits. Prefer somewhere I can make a reservation.

Comment

Pappas. hands down the best!

Comment

Originally posted by Axis FMJ View Post
                          Pappas. hands down the best!
                          Is the one downtown just as good as the one on Westheimer?

Comment

Pappas brothers is the best steak i've ever had and their flashed fried oysters are unreal. This was always a must stop place for me when going to meetings at our corporate office in Houston.

Comment

Killens in Pearland

Killens STQ on Voss

Steak 48

Bistecca Ristorante

Doris Metropolitan

Comment

I feel for you bro if going to Houston is gettin' away

Comment

Working...
                                X