F-150 3.5 Eco Boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone running the 5.0?

Wondering if i should hold of for V6 or V8?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

2014 5.0 and love it. Lots of Power and does everything I need it to.

35s and get good gas mileage 15-17MPG depending on my driving. 85k miles and only issue I have had is A/C going out a couple weeks ago.

I vote V8!

Comment

I think any of the eco boost engines are good. I have the 2015 2.7L eco boost 4x4 and I routinely tow about 5500lbs (boat) with no issues. It’s rated for about 8000 lbs with this engine. Normal mixed driving is around 18mpg. When towing my boat I get about 9mpg. I have the 20” rims. No leveling kit. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Leveled ‘18 with grille guard and rear bumper. 20k Miles, ~17.5 mpg mixed. Stock wranglers, (which I personally believe are garbage).

I find the more open highway driving I do at 75-85 mph, the mileage drops to 16 or so. At 50-60 mpg it’ll run in the low 20s. It has a ton of giddy up, no doubt about that. Pulls a trailer very well.

Comment

2015 F-150 3.7 Eco Boost. i get 19 on the road. Love the truck!

Comment

Mine has a level and 33s. I love the truck.

Comment

I have a 2017 eco boost with billstien leveling shocks and 33's. Put 45K miles on it so far. Only thing I wasn't happy about was cam phasers needed replacement with less than 20k on it. Otherwise I love the 3.5 and 10 speed trans. Pulls really well, mileage is 16 average. Running out to IL not towing the camper, I got 22 mpgs. IMO the 10 speed makes a huge difference in the performance

Comment

Originally posted by Lethal Injection View Post
                  I have had several different F-150’s, currently have a 2017 3.5 ecoboost with the 10 speed transmission. This motor/transmission combination pulls that boat noticeably better than the last with the 5.0 and 6 speed transmission and gets a little better gas mileage. So far if I was to buy another it would be this same truck.
                  I just bought the 2019 version of this truck. I'm getting over 16 mpg in mixed mostly city driving. I'm keeping stock 20" tires. It is crazy quick, the fastest truck I've ever been in and faster than most cars I've owned. So far, I really like it. Going to pick up the plates now.

Comment

Don't do 35s on those... 33s are fine.. If you want to go bigger get a super duty

Comment

Just traded a 13 with the max tow package back in Oct got a GMC 2500 and I'm already regretting it. Get a 5Star tune and it is like a whole new truck.

Comment

About to roll 36k on my 2017. So far so good.

Anyone had any issues and or need for extended warranty?

Comment

Working...
                        X