F-150 3.5 Eco Boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F-150 3.5 Eco Boost

With all the new truck talk going on I figured I’d add to the discussions.

I’m looking at a 2017’ - 2018’
    F-150 4x4 3.5 liter Eco boost.

Anybody have one?
    Pictures or Pros and Cons.

The two trucks have leveling kits with 35” tires. Seems big to me, the dealer says a lot of folks like the 35” tire upgrade.

Any information or help is much appreciated.

I have a '15. I'd pass on the 35's. I tow a lot. 33's do plenty well offroad.

90k on my truck. It's been awesome. Tows well, gets decent mpg.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 2018 4x4 with 22k miles, all stock. Has been great so far. 19-20 mpg on highway and more power than I usually need. I'll probably put bigger tires and possibly a leveling kit on when the original tires need to be replaced.

Comment

had a 16 with a leveling kit and bigger tires really liked the truck. There are quite a few threads on here about these trucks. might find some more good feedback on there

Comment

Have a 17 eco boost.
          Opted for the 6sd over the 10. Absolutely love it and there isn’t another half ton that compares to the fuel economy, power and comfort.

Comment

Thanks guys. I’ll search other threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

‘13 ecoboost. I love the truck, and the motor will throw you back in your seat. My mpg is not great. 15-16 mixed driving.

I hear mpg is better on the newer models, but those tires will likely drop you to the 15 range if not lower.

Comment

I have a 2013 eco boost with billstien leveling shocks. I have 33” tires on it, max tow package, and it’s 4x4. I only get around 13.5 mph average. When stock I only got around 14.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have a '14 EB at 98k mi.

Bought oil & filters, tires, a battery, Lucas additive, and air filters.

Good Luck.

Comment

I have had several different F-150’s, currently have a 2017 3.5 ecoboost with the 10 speed transmission. This motor/transmission combination pulls that boat noticeably better than the last with the 5.0 and 6 speed transmission and gets a little better gas mileage. So far if I was to buy another it would be this same truck.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                      I have a 2013 eco boost with billstien leveling shocks. I have 33” tires on it, max tow package, and it’s 4x4. I only get around 13.5 mph average. When stock I only got around 14.5.

Did you recalibrate the speedo/odometer after installing those tires?

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post

Do you have pics? I’m about to install a leveling kit but haven’t decided on tire size yet. What size are your 33s? 285?

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                          Do you have pics? I’m about to install a leveling kit but haven’t decided on tire size yet. What size are your 33s? 285?

The best pic I have. I have the 275/70r18

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                            Did you recalibrate the speedo/odometer after installing those tires?
                            No I did not, but I tried to work out the math the best I could. I have never really worried too much about the MPG. If I did, I would have gotten something else.

Comment

The change in your mpg fits where it normally would with the adjustment made in the overall tire diameter and the rotational mass.

The truck is also not registering actual traveled miles on the odometer. Just FYI.

Comment

Working...
                              X