Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things you regret that keep you up at night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letting a narcissist control my life for the last decade.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
      This is a little different than the theme of this thread, but in high school, I broke up with a girl because I thought I was too cool for her. One of my friends didn't feel the same and long story short (and unbeknownst to me), she was a total and complete nymphomaniac.
      Hahahaha

In the spirit of making the thread a little more light hearted I’ll add to this one. Freshman year of college we had massive parties at my house, being that I was one of the very few freshman with a house. Buddy from 45 minutes came down and brought his GF and her smoking hot red headed cousin. I normally don’t think a red head is very hot, but everyone at the party would agreee she was extremely gorgeous. Me being the fellow I was partied it down that night, and had her in the bag. My buddy, his GF, and her cousin were about to head back to his GFs house since she only lived a couple miles away. Her cousin looked me square in the eyes and asked if I was going to go stay with her that night. Dead serious without missing a beat I told her I was going to sleep. I walked over to the couch and laid down right there in the middle of the party and called it a night. I never have lived that one down from my friends

Comment

Originally posted by 67olds442 View Post
        I wish I had tried to make things a little better between my dad and I before he passed.
        x2....we never saw eye to eye on much but now that he's gone it bothers me not having done more to fix things between us. It's been 3 years this past Jan that he's been gone. I have his voice messages saved on my phone and I'll listen to his voice at least once a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
          I have a few regrets...what keeps me up at night is not being able to get my son to turn his life around. Figure I will be getting a phone call middle of the night sometime.
          God bless you sir.

Comment

My grandfather passed away 9 years ago. I had been extremely close to him growing up, and was the only grand child to work for him at the farm constantly. We had a huge falling out when I was 19. Luckily I had a month off work before he passed. I spent everyday of that month with him at his bedside and made peace after not even acknowledging his existence for close to the previous 3 years. I can’t imagine how I’d feel today had I not spent that time with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
              Being unsuccessful at CPR.
              nothing i regret compares sir. i cant even imagine.

Comment

I wish I could have told several relatives how much they mean to me. Most importantly, my mother who committed suicide when I was 16. If only I'd made it home sooner she might still be here.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                  Not knowing where I failed with my oldest son who doesnt want anything to do with me. He's married now and had my first grandchild last year who I still havent even laid eyes on.
                  Praying for you and your son.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I regret taking some of my life frustrations out on people close to me. Luckily I’ve grown a lot over the past year or so and have grown to enjoy things and not feel the need to get bent out of shape over little things.

Comment

Wow!! This is a tough read, I don't know where to even start.. The Fork in the road-- still have time for this-- Wish I would have been there when my Grandpa passed---..... Man, I could go on and on...but you just have to take one day at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                        Wish I would have stopped drinking sooner.
                        This ^^^^^^

Comment

One particular incident that ended badly haunts me all to often. I remember more about that day than I care too

Comment

Originally posted by Horn chaser View Post
                            What I regret right now is feeling like I could have done better for my mom. About a month ago we had to put her in the nursing home with dementia. I feel like I failed her by not being able to take care of her and being able to keep her living in her home for the rest of her life. Also the feeling of being powerless to help stop her progression with this horrible disease.
                            Lost my mom to it July 31st 2018. I know exactly what your talking about. I still feel guilty, but I know I could not care for her with the appropriate needs. My wife tried to do it with her mom, and she had a nervous brakedown. Wich I guess is very common. It’s hard either way, my prayers are with you and your mom ! And yes a feel helpless to this day, not being able to stop it, or at least make her better. It’s a horrible disease !

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                              Lost my mom to it July 31st 2018. I know exactly what your talking about. I still feel guilty, but I know I could not care for her with the appropriate needs. My wife tried to do it with her mom, and she had a nervous brakedown. Wich I guess is very common. It’s hard either way, my prayers are with you and your mom ! And yes a feel helpless to this day, not being able to stop it, or at least make her better. It’s a horrible disease !
                              Lost my dad to it less than a year ago. We watched him succumb to the effects year after year. I kept wishing that somehow it would reverse. That was denial of course, but you just hurt so much to see a loved one waste away to a walking skeleton. There’s little you can do other than general care and try to keep them eating. He refused medication for pain and anything else. My siblings and I all took turns caring for both our parents so they wouldn’t have to stay in nursing homes or die in a hospital. They both passed less than a year apart. What made it harder was the passing of two more family members close to when my parents passed. There are still days that it doesn’t seem real that they’re gone. I’ll be working somewhere on a ranch and want to call them on the phone just to say hello.

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                                Wish I would have stopped drinking sooner.
                                Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                                This ^^^^^^
                                Me to I think it would have made a big difference on my youngest son.

But thanks to both of you and your words the last 18 months have been the best sober years for the two of us.

Billy / Richey / Keep up the hard work it's hard.

Comment

Working...
                                X