Academy lawsuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Academy lawsuit

If I missed it some where on here please delete.

"Academy is the gatekeeper to protect people from buying guns who shouldn't have them," attorney Jason Webster said. "When you have a guy who's 850 miles from his home and paying cash ... that kind of raises some flags."

Turning away from Judge Pozza, Webster then pointed out the Sutherland Springs families present in the courtroom, including the mother of Joann Ward, who died shielding her four children, two of whom were killed, and Dennis and Sara Johnson's loved ones.

In one hand, Webster clutched an AR-556. In the other, a magazine. One doesn't work without the other, he said, so arguing that "magazine" and "gun" are two different things is like arguing a car isn't a car without its wheels.

So dumb.

Comment

Frivolous lawsuit. Blame the actor. Blame the non reporting agency. The seller did what they were required to.
      What's scary is one day we will read about a TBHer being sued for selling a gun online to a bad actor.
      I feel bad for the victims but Academy isn't to blame.

Gary

Comment

Academy called the FBI. The FBI said “ok”. Case closed...

Comment

Originally posted by Abctx View Post
          Academy called the FBI. The FBI said “ok”. Case closed...
          agree...unless I'm missing something here.

Comment

previously posted although others may have missed it https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...hlight=academy

the USAF did not update their records thus allowing the shooter to pass the NICS background check. Gov't failed, not Academy

Comment

I love how paying cash now makes you shady.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                I love how paying cash now makes you shady.
                to the government, it absolutely does. what do you think would happen if you're pulled over and searched carrying 40-50K in cash? deposits over 10K in cash are tracked. It's a good spin that has been put on cash transactions, that are tough to trace purchases.

not so much freedom in the US these days..

Comment

I pray all the time for the people from Southerland Springs. Some of them have met some of us from Santafe on a couple of occasions. Some of them lost their whole family. My heart breaks but Academy didn't pull the trigger. When people go through things like this the emotions are all consuming. They start searching out justice for their lost loved ones and settle for what ever they can get.
                  In their case the gunman was killed and the lawyers are just looking for a place to lay the blame.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Horrible situation that occurred but not academy's fault. If academy is guilty then every store will need to ID where someone is from and have a list of prohibited items.
                    Can't have spring assisted knives in California and other states. When was the last someone over 30 was ID'd for a knife. Know how many chemicals we can buy at hardware store that they can't sell in California etc. Can't just attack academy for this. It's the individuals fault, I hope the people that were just granted permission to sue understand this.

If he already has the gun and just buys magazines is academy supposed to id for mags?
                    Last edited by SCREAMINREELS; 02-11-2019, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X