Landowner sold my lease property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landowner sold my lease property

Got the call last week that the landowner sold half her property, the half that I and another hunter were leasing. She suggested the we relocate to the other half of the property, that has 4 hunters on it already. So instead of 6 hunters on 600 acres, she wants 6 hunters on 300 acres, at the same price.

So I'm looking for a new lease, I could probably bring 3 more hunters along with myself, or a space for myself on an existing lease. Preferably somewhere west of Weatherford towards Abilene, Brownwood, Breckenridge area.

Would like electric hookups, and my wife likes to come along, but not hunt.
    I'm 59 been hunting for 45 years. Bow and Gun is preferred.

Thanks!!

leasehunter.com watch it every day

Comment

Hate to hear that, it's a dang shame. Good luck

Comment

ouch...sorry to hear..

Comment

I feel your pain brother but I am a little confused by your statement "bow and gun is preferred". What else is there?

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
            I feel your pain brother but I am a little confused by your statement "bow and gun is preferred". What else is there?
            As compared to a bow only or gun only lease I would think.

Comment

Yes, I would like to use either, not restricted to bow or gun only.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Good luck on finding something soon!

Comment

Didn't mean to stir the crap, just looking for a new place!

Comment

Originally posted by djc View Post
                    Didn't mean to stir the crap, just looking for a new place!
                    Don't apologize man. It's getting ridiculous on here lately. There are a handful of folks that need to get a piece or something. Way too uptight and argumentative.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Had similar happen to me a few years ago. She sold the whole property. It sucked, but we didn't have any type of formal contract. Good luck finding a new place to hunt.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry for your bad luck. Surprised we do t hear more of these situations.
                        Good luck.

BP

Comment

Do leases not “run with the land” unless there is language in the lease that causes it to terminate if the property is sold?

Comment

Originally posted by hero_moneybags View Post
                            Do leases not “run with the land” unless there is language in the lease that causes it to terminate if the property is sold?
                            If you buy a piece of land are you going to feel obligated to honor a lease you didn’t agree to? Likely not. I think most of us wouldn’t. I’m sure most landowners stipulate that in the contract but it doesn’t sound like most places have a formal one in place anyway.

Comment

Sorry for your predicament. Hope you are able to find a replacement. In my mind this further affirms why I will never waste any time or resources on a lease.

Comment

Working...
                              X