Live Javi at the Chap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by locoengineer View Post
    My son killed the largest to date last month in the west blocker pasture on the pipeline

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    What did it weigh?

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
      What did it weigh?
      I dont remember i think 43 or 44 pounds gutted just remember biologist saying it was the biggest taken

Comment

Live Javi at the Chap

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
        You are in a good pasture. I was one of the groups that didn't get selected. Lots of folks there. good luck.

Man hate hearing this. Between some guys I know, and myself, we drew standby every year on this hunt from around 1985-2016. There was never a year when anyone got turned away. It was an annual trip with no worry about not being drawn. Ever since the Chap has created the Facebook page, and posting everything, it hasn’t been the same. It was good while it lasted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by 44mAG; 02-09-2019, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
          Man hate hearing this. Between some guys I know, and myself, we drew standby every year on this hunt from around 1985-2016. There was never a year when anyone got turned away. It was an annual trip with no worry about not being drawn. Ever since the Chap has created the Facebook page, and posting everything, it hasn’t been the same. It was good while it lasted.

Agreed...also think the warthogs have a bearing on the standby count.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
            Agreed...also think the warthogs have a bearing on the standby count.
            Bingo

Comment

We’re in for the final hunt, while the two who have already scored slept in. We saw two big Javi driving in this morning, and several deer since getting settled in. If we don’t have any luck here, we’ll ride around some of our other corn areas.
              From what I’ve seen, no warthogs were seen, but they were what everyone was talking about.

Comment

Good luck.

The Warthogs and FB are definitely attracting people. In reality the odds of killing a Warthog are as slim as drawing a hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post

Yeah, use to if you showed up you got to hunt for javi.

Comment

Originally posted by locoengineer View Post
                    My son killed the largest to date last month in the west blocker pasture on the pipeline

What did it weigh ? Be a nice one to life size mount, and a euro.
                    Last edited by critter69; 02-10-2019, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Live Javi at the Chap

We were the very first group in the ranch gates a week ago! Good luck, they are very skiddish this year!

Scratch that, we were at the Callaghan!

Last edited by jkg2003; 02-10-2019, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Supposedly, someone shot a warthog in Baldy pasture yesterday, they couldn’t find it. They didn’t think any were in it, guess they are.

Comment

AB did you have any luck today?

Comment

Dad and I struck out, although he did get a shot at one on Saturday. Despite the tag soup, we had a great time, and the Chap is an awesome place.

Comment

Sounds like a cool place and great experience. Thanks for taking us along

Comment

Very nice! They make great slow cooked pulled tacos. Even the big ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X