Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice.

Comment

There were only 2 deer in SNF.....looks like they already got shot shot.....Sorry, guess you will need to hunt somewhere else. ��

The Moore Plantation does have some really good bucks but you are going to have to work to find them. The biggest problem I battle you there are hog doggers and locals that think they own the place. It not as bad on Moore Plantation as other areas though

Comment

So what permit is required to hunt the SNF?
        I understand you need to purchase the Annual Hunting Permit (Formally known as Type II) to hunt the WMA such as Moore Plantation. Is that the same permit required for SNF?

Comment

Sabine NF 2020-2021

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
          So what permit is required to hunt the SNF?
          I understand you need to purchase the Annual Hunting Permit (Formally known as Type II) to hunt the WMA such as Moore Plantation. Is that the same permit required for SNF?

No permit needed, only your hunting license to hunt the NF part only. During gun season can’t take does unless you have USFS antlerless tag. I’ll be out there on the southwest side scouting tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SETX_Insanity View Post
            No permit needed, only your hunting license to hunt the NF part only. During gun season can’t take does unless you have USFS antlerless tag. I’ll be out there on the southwest side scouting tomorrow

Thank you. I hunted NF years ago but couldn't remember. Other than that just make sure you have your Orange on? anything else in particular in terms of the law?

Comment

Thank you. I hunted NF years ago but couldn't remember. Other than that just make sure you have your Orange on? anything else in particular in terms of the law?
              No sir I believe you got it covered

Comment

No sir I believe you got it covered

Good Luck and be safe scouting.

Comment

Good Luck and be safe scouting.

Thanks, same to you

Comment

I came across my first, and only, scrape on Sat and reworked Sat nite. I checked all past scrape lines and nothing yet. I hope it waits another week, 10 days.

Comment

I found a few fresh scrapes and rubs Friday morning when I scouted off of 2426. Decided to set up on a creek crossing/rub line for this coming weekend. Now just to decide if it's worth it to take off a half day Thursday or wait till Friday am

Comment

Hopefully I’ll have a decent report after today. No movement yet, but the moon went down less than an hour before the sun started peeking up so I’ll be sitting all day

Comment

Good luck and please let us know how it went.

Comment

Good luck! Ill be up there Sunday, haven't been able to get up there since the summer so I will be doing more scouting than hunting most likely.

Comment

Just had a small buck come out at about 60 yards. Wind picked up a little and he turned and made a b line straight into the wind and away from me. Only thing I can think is he smelled a doe because he didn’t stop for the 100 or so yards I watched him

Comment

Hopefully I’ll have a decent report after today. No movement yet, but the moon went down less than an hour before the sun started peeking up so I’ll be sitting all day

Good luck. Keep us updated.

Comment

Working...
                                X